Chapter: 66

The second we enter the room, the laughter which I was holding since we left the lobby escape from my mouth. Clutching my stomach with both the hands, I double over in laughter.

Turning to Alec, I continue to laugh. His lips are also twitching upward even though anger is still present on his face.

"Who the hell is Mr. and Mrs. Bennet?" I gasp between laughter, trying hard to keep my voice down so that no one can find out about our little lie. "Because I don't know either one of them."

"The only Mr. and Mrs. Bennet I am aware of is from Pride and Prejudice." Standing up straight I inhale a deep breath while wiping a tear that rolls down from my eye, because of laughing so hard.

"For now we are the Bennets." He answers as a smile breaks onto his face while a little of tension leave his body.

Walking inside the room a little, he set our bags in the corner as I stand in the corner eyeing the bed suspiciously. Turning back to the door, he doubled locked it then place the chain bolt on the door.

"Why are you standing there like that?" He arches an eyebrow at me.

"What if this bed has bedbugs?" I ask cringing slightly while thinking about those creepy creatures.

He exhales loudly then shaking his head he walks to the bed and removes the pillows and then the cover to check.

"It's clean." He makes the bed again, literally, faster and perfectly than I could have ever made.

But the word clean raises another question in my mind as a shudder of disgust runs down my spine.

"Now what?" Folding his arms over his chest, he gives me a bored look.

"Are you really sure this bedsheet is clean?" I make a face, eyeing the bedsheet, "Like clean-clean? Like no dirty business happened on this sheet clean?"

"We can just hope that it is clean." He slowly raises his eyebrows as he unsurely looks back at the bed.

Wow! There goes my sleep.

"You can go and use the shower first." He gestures towards the bathroom door.

"No, you go and shower first." Shaking my head, I sit on the edge of the bed and no, I am not being courteous or anything. I just don't want to step into a dirty bathroom, the way his cleaning habits are, I am sure he will clean the bathroom before taking a shower.

"Are you sure?" He looks at me trying to figure if I am going to change my mind, "You might get cold." He points at my wet clothes.

"Yes, absolutely." I smile and gives him double thumbs-up.

I will prefer getting sick than to use a dirty bathroom.

"Okay." He slowly nods his head while looking at me doubtfully, as he retrieves his things from his bag.

"If anyone knocks on the door, you are not going to answer it." He gives me a stern look, "Do not open the door, no matter what, okay?" His voice turns a little softer, but still, firm enough to make it clear to me that he is being serious.

"Okay." I nod my head reassuringly.

Keeping my hands on my knees, I keep my chin in my palms and close my eyes as I hear the click of the bathroom door.

After a while, I hear the shower running as I start to think about the question which was nagging my mind from some time.

Is it okay to trust someone, as much I trust Alec?