Chapter Eight: Charity Banquet pt. 1

Danyella,

I sat at our family table watching as everyone danced to Whitney Houston's I will always love you. I hate this place. Every banquet is the same exact way. Which is why it wasn't worth bringing Carter. But I'm so bored I wish I did. Even Chris big eared ass.

" Having a great time?" Angel asked while sitting next to me.

"No, I'm board and tired of being nagged all night"

" Yella you know mommy and daddy only want The best for you"

"And what is that? Because it sure as hell wasn't lexis! I'm not even back with Chris so I do--"

"You're not back with him but you have his child and fucked him?"

" It's complicated"

"Is it? Danyella I'm not gonna nag you like mama and daddy I'm Just gonna tell you this, you need to figure out what you want instead of playing games! You and Chris are to old to be trynna act like teenagers. You're twenty two and he's twenty five and you have a child, you better act your age" She said taking a shot. "Grown ass woman acting like a child" She mumbled as she walked away. I took two shots at once before sinking in my chair

"May I have your attention" My dad said on the stage with my mom beside him. Everyone stopped dancing and quickly emerged their attention towards them.

" Thank you all for coming here, but this wouldn't be a charity event with out charity" My mom said making everyone laugh. Except me. That wasn't even funny.

"Dumb ass rich folk" I said to myself making a kid across the table look at me. I Jumped at him making him cling on to his mother's leg.

" These paintings are very valuable. They're worth more than you can imagine"

"With that being said you are free to come and admire them before we donate them to the children's hospital down the strees" My dad finished making everyone clap.

I turned around seeing my painting on the stage. My painting! Of them! Of my parents! Something I worked so damn hard on. I took another shot trying my best not to get up and do something. I pray by the end of the night I don't get drunk.

"Mommy!" I heard Carter say. I looked up seeing him walking in with Chris. I gulped hard hoping my parents didn't see him.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here?" I asked picking up Carter.

" He begged me to bring him" Chris said sitting next to me. I looked down seeing no space between us at all. We actually look like a family

" Nah ah! Mommy, daddy wanted to sneak inside to surprise you"

"Snitch" Chris said shaking his head. I peaked his lips making his eyes grow big

"Thanks for saving me" I laughed making him Join in.

"Ah, who we have here?" My dad said approaching us with my mom by his side like usual

"Daddy you already know Chris"

He nodded

"Hi grandma and grandpa" Carter said while waving. I looked at my mother seeing a smile appear on her face.

"Hey baby, you look so handsome"

"Daddy and I are matching" He said smiling

"You both look very handsome" My mom said looking at Chris. Both me and Chris eyes grew wide hearing what came out my mother's mouth. Just a moment ago she was talking about him, where did that come from?

" So exactly what are you doing here?" My dad asked looking straight at Chris

"I decided to bring my son to see his family what else?"

"Are you getting smart with me?"

Chris laughed. "Nah sir, Just answering a question that you asked"

" So what are you here for now? To actually be apart of your sons life or beat Danyella until she needs to go to the hospital?"

Both me and my moms mouth opened wide. I can't believe he said that. I could see the anger in Chris eyes as he starred at my father. Please don't let them fight!