Chapter Twenty Four: Ms.Brown

Chris,

I pulled up to my mother's house with a smile on my face. I missed my mama more than anyone in the world.. well except yella and carter duuh. I glanced at yella who had a mug on her face the whole time.

"Will you at least pretend to wanna be here?" I asked while holding her hand.

"Don't see nothing wrong with faking it" She sighed before opening the door getting out and going to wake carter up.

"You shouldn't really have to fake it though yella, My mother is actually a very nice woman"

"I guess satin is too"She mumbled making me shoot her a look. "Sorry"

"Well if it isn't my big headed son!" My mom said running out the house to hug me.

"Hey mama look at you dressed to impress you must've known I was coming"

"Child please Im dressed like this for me, Who's this little angel"My mother asked looking right past danyella making her roll her eyes.

"This is carter, my son" I smiled making my mother look at carter then danyella then me.

"Since when? This boy looks about five years old"

"It's a long story, I actually Just found out about him a couple months ago"

"Almost a year" Yella chimed in.

"That's no escuse to hide a child from his father"

"You know what--"

"Yella come here" I said grabbing her hand as carter went inside with my mother. "Please chill"

"Me!? She the one talking to me like she crazy and avoiding eye contact with me chris! How does she even hate me!? Cuz Im not karrueche pretty ass?!" She crossed her arms while a tear slipped from her eye.

"Look rather she likes it or not Im with you alright? You're pregnant with my child and I love you, Fuck karrueche, I want you here right now, Being my girl ok"

"Ok" She sniffled. I grabbed her hand as we walked into the house. She automatically sat on the couch next to carter who was watching cartoons.

"Mommy was you crying?"Carter asked turning to look at yella who was trying to show a smile.

"Yea, But mommy's all better I Just had a little problem"

"Good cuz grandma said I should spend the night tonight so we can get to know each other more"

"Well you'll have to ask daddy"

"It's fine with me" I said when my mother walked in with a tray of cookies. "Yasss!" I said trying to grab a cookie when my mother hit my hand. "Ow what the fu--"

"Aye boy watch your mouth, These are for carter"

"That ain't fair any other time they would be for me"

"Boy please, maybe you can eat some of danyella's cookies" She said making yella chock I swear she dirty minded. But I can't say I ain't think the same thing.

"You right, her cookies are sweet" i said sitting next to her making her blush mad hard.

Danyella,

I hate being in the damn house! What makes it worse is chris and carter went to the store for some ice cream so it's me all alone here with, ewww, her.

I walked though the hallways looking at all the pictures of chris when he was a baby and some of him and joyce. I swear he's such a mama's boy. But it's cute yet annoying at the same time. All I don't understand is why in the world doesn't she like me. What have I done wrong? I guess not everyone in the world is gonna like me rather I like it or not. The only bad thing is I feel as though if she doesn't like me it will effect my life. When I look back at everything that happened from when I first met chris till now I can't understand how she could possibly think I would or could hurt chris after everything we've been though.

I stopped at a picture of chris sitting with joyce's head resting on his shoulder. I smiled remembering the same exact picture of me and chris in our house. It's even cuter seeing how much he care's about his mother. The same way I hope carter cares about me.

"That's my favorite picture" Joyce said making me Jump a little. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you"

"It's fine"

"I see you're pregnant, how many months?"

"About five" I smiled.

"You know I don't actually hate you don't you?"

I laughed. "Do I?"

"I Just don't want anyone hurting my son, he deserves love"

"And that's what Im giving him"

"I know that now, Im sorry"

"It's fine, Just know I care for and love your son very much, I could and would never hurt him" I said making her hug me.

"That's all I wanted to hear"