His eyes are already focused on me, 1

A/N
Haii! Thanks for clicking on my book! I hope you will like reading it and let me know what you think!

Feedback is always welcome!!!

This book has a slow start, the first chapter is pretty long but all the topics are important for the rest of the story, but I promise you, there will be drama at the end of this chapter.

It is Sunday afternoon, the last day of the summer break. I sit in my garden and listen to music, while the sun shines bright and burns lightly on my skin.

With my eyes closed, I focus on the pure sounds of the piano. Classical music is not my favorite type of music, but occasionally I do listen to it. The music is so peaceful and calming.

I have been sitting on the porch swing for hours, read a book and I continued with one of my sketches. 

I lean back and almost falling asleep... 

"Cira hurry up, we have to go!"  My eyes fly open and I see my mom rushing to the car with a bag in her hands. Her voice startles me, making me remove my headphones. 

Where are we going? Oh yes, I completely forgot that we're going to see my aunt. I put my stuff inside before joining my mom in the car.

When I get inside, I quickly look down at what I'm wearing. White sneakers, denim shorts, and a white sweater, I look okay. 

My mom starts the car and drives off while I open the sun visor to look in the mirror. My shoulder-length black hair is a mess, I quickly put it in a bun before looking at my face. I didn't put make-up on today, so my eyes look smaller than they normally do and the dark circles under my eyes are visible, not very clear, but they are there. I close the sun visor again and look ahead.

I only now notice that my mother is driving quite fast, too fast.

"Wow mom, are we in a hurry?"

"Yes Cira, we're late. We had to be there at half-past five, and it is ... "she looks at the clock next to the wheel. "Half-past five!"
I know that my aunt and uncle wouldn't mind if we are fifteen minutes later.

"It's not that bad, they never eat at half-past five anyways." She doesn't respond to that and turns the radio on. 

''Good afternoon,  ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to today's news. 32-year-old Niek van den Meer has been missing since Friday last week. He was last seen in the flower forest in Groningen, where he works as a forest ranger. At a quarter past seven in the evening, he spoke to his girlfriend, that was the last time anyone spoke to him. He is around 6 feet, a sturdy build, blond hair and blue eyes with a mole around his chin. Leave a message if you think you've seen him." The reporter continues to talk about the weather and traffic.

"I hope they find him soon,  his girlfriend must be very worried." my mom says. I nod and look out the window. I wonder what would have happened and why. It can be anything. He may be on the run for something or someone, maybe he is kidnapped or killed. More than a week has already passed so he could be on the other side of the world with a completely different appearance, so no one will ever find him again.

"Didn't you have dance practice tonight?'' my mom asks when the traffic light turns green. ''You said you will have to go to dance practice more in the coming weeks." 

"No, not yet, I think in a few weeks. We have three months left and we already know most of it so far ... "

"Yes, but knowing Jo, a lot will be changed last minute." My mom laughs. The tournament will continue in a few months. She is right, with a coach like Jo we will be taught many more new choreographies.