What are you? 4

I look away quickly but those green-brown eyes are still on me.

Are you kidding me? Of course, the new boy is the boy I saw in the forest.

I look at Mr. van Dijk who tells me what I have to show and explain, but I don't really listen. I see from the corner of my eye that he staring at me.

I try to keep my expression as natural as possible.

Maybe he's just looking at me, I'm the one who has to guide him, it doesn't mean he is keeping an eye on me or something.

I stand with my arms stretched out, pressed against my sides, holding my sleeves. I release my sleeve with one finger to scratch the nail polish off my nails.

His eyes shoot directly to my hand.

I stop moving. Yes, he's keeping an eye on me.

I nod at Mr. van Dijk and pretend to listen. Ok just act like you don't know who he is, then he may think he is mistaken and leaves me alone.

"Okay, I leave Jason in your hands now. I'm going back to my office, good luck!" Mr. van Dijk kindly looks from Jason to me and then walks down the stairs.

No, don't leave me alone with him. I watch Mr. van Dijk walk away from us.

We are all alone, the two of us in the hallway. I feel my heartbeat raising against my chest.

Maybe he has strange powers, he can turn into a wolf I don't know what else he can do.

I keep on looking down at my hands and at the ground. I so don't want to look up. But I have to, it's weird not to look at him and just keep staring at the ground.

He just stands still and looks at me with his hands in his pockets. I get a feeling that he is not going to kill me, at least not now.

Okay, should I just start the tour?

I clear my throat, "Do you have your schedule yet?" My voice came out softer than I intended it to be.

I look at him again but immediately look away. Those horrifying eyes keep staring at me as he takes a paper out of his pocket and hands it to me. When I take the paper for him, I unfold it to look at the schedule.

"We will just walk through your schedule, okay?" He nods in response and start walking towards the stairs with him following me.

He looks older than a sophomore. I search the schedule for a class name. Yes, he is a junior. Then why do I have to show him around? It can't be a coincidence. Did he ask for me? How would he know my name?

Stay calm, this is not the time freak out, not yet.

We walk past a few classrooms, in the reflection of the windows I see him looking at me. His hair is dark brown, short on the side and slightly curled at the top. He wears white sneakers, black pants with holes and a gray hoodie.

This is unconvertible, him looking at me constantly makes it hard to act normal. Even walking seems hard now. I try to keep a straight face. The fact that he is really good looking, makes it worse.

The school suddenly seems very empty. He walks next to me, a little bit further than people normally would. He doesn't ask questions and I have no intention of starting a conversation myself. The whole tour neither of us talks. I show him the classrooms and he just nods.

Why is he so quiet? He just looks at me and listens to what I say with a straight face. What is his plan? Observing me?

Only the gym then we're done. I look at his schedule, it says that he has eight hours of Physical Education a week. Before I realize it, I already ask.

"Why do you have P.E. so often?" I immediately regret my question. I'm looking at him now but he doesn't look back at me. I don't expect him to answer my question. I don't even know why I would ask that.

"I can't take biology classes, so I have to do a class double." His voice is emotionless. His face changes slightly. He frowns a little as if he regrets talking. Does he? I'm not asking further, but I want to know why he can't take biology lessons.

I show him the gym, then we're done. We walk back to the hall. It is finally over. I give him back his schedule.

"This is it, I showed you all the classrooms you need to remember." I look at him a little longer.

"Thank you," he takes the schedule back while his eyes go over my face.

"Okay, then I'll go back to class. Mr. van Dijk's office is there." I point to a door in front of us before I step back and turn around. I exhale,  walk in the direction of the room where I should have class now. I'm trying really hard not to walk too fast.

"Wait." I hear him say.

Oh, here it comes. I turn around reluctantly, to see him standing a lot closer. He is way bigger than I am. It's quite intimidating, him staring down at me with those piercing eyes. Like he tries to look through my eyes into my mind searching for something. I try to take a step back or look away but I can't,those beautiful eyes keeping me traped.

"What are you?" He finally asks.