Monster, 40

"Okay madam where are you right now?" The lady on the phone sounds calm as if this is something she regularly goes through.

"The River Forest," I answer, feeling my legs trembling.

"A police team is on their way, stay where you are."

I have now completely turned away from the body and look at Daniëlle who has turned completely pale.

"I'm ending this call now if something happens you have to call again, okay?"

''Okay,''

she ended the call but I still keep the phone to my ear.

I walk a few steps away from them. I lean my back against a tree, which helps me stand. It seems like my whole body is weakened.

Absently I scroll through my contact list and call him. After two rings, the phone is answered.

"Cira, are you okay?" Jason's voice sounds consent and a little out of breath.

I'm quiet, how do I say this in as few words as possible?

"We found her." We both remain silent. He understands what is going on, otherwise, he would ask further.

''Where are you right now?' He asks after a couple of seconds.

"Somewhere in the forest,'' I look around me my breath starts quicken when I realize I don't know where I am. I'm lost, I don't know where I am. I don't know the way back like Anaya didn't know. 

With a lump in my throat, I say, "I don't know where I am, I'm lost."

"I'll find you," He promises me, and I know he will.

''Okay,'' I look at the phone and hang up.

Do I have to call Indira her parents? The idea makes me feel dizzy. I can't, I can't do that. I lean my head back against the tree, trying to get my shaking breath under control.

I have to do something. I have to be there for Indira. I turn around and see Indira sitting on the same spot on the floor with her face in her hands. She's crying, I've never seen anyone cry like that before. It breaks me, to see so much sadness and pain.

Jade sits next to her holding her tight with her cheek against her shoulder staring at the ground. Sylvana is standing next to them but looking the other way staring into the distance with tears roll over her face. Daniëlle stands by a tree and is completely sweating. She turns around and starts puking. I feel a drop on my forehead, and another on my hand. I look up and see more drops falling down. After a few seconds, we hear the rain getting harder. We're standing under trees with many leaves, so they protect us a little bit. 

I have to do something, I have to help. But I can't figure out what to do.

My head stops me from watching Anaya. She no longer has a heartbeat. I can't do CPR, I can't help her.

My eyes are now shooting at Indira. I can't help her either. I can't do or say anything to make her feel better. I stare ahead and lean against a tree. The police are coming, they will make sure it will be okay. No, I won't be OK, we can't go back in time and make this unhappen.

Sylvana went to help Daniëlle. They are both on the ground, comforting each other. I feel bad for her, she can't watch a Harry Potter movie without having nightmares for weeks. 

Who did this? Why? Why did they kill her? Was it the same people who killed those other people? Was she in trouble with them? Or do they kill random people? Why in such a way? Why in such a way that she suffered so much? What kind of people would do something like this? A monster.