Scars, 35

"Beep beep beep" I press my alarm clock off look around me. Is it morning already? It seems like I just fell asleep. 

I get up and get ready for school. Before I leave the house I grab my phone and see the date. September 10, Happy birthday to me.  I usually feel so hyped on my birthday, but now I just feel very normal. 

When I come to school, everyone is already in the classroom. The teacher has already started the explanation. I quickly walk to the only free spot in the back next to Diaro. The teacher explains the first fifteen minutes of the lesson and then we have to work. 

Jade sits 2 rows in front of me next to Kendall. They are busy talking and doing the assignments together. I am really curious about how it will be between them tonight. 

When the lesson is over I have already completed all assignments. I walk to the next lesson with Jade. 

"Did you send Kendall and Mihno your address?" She seems deep in thought, smiling.

"Oh, yeah, I'm going to do it now." She pulls out her phone and starts typing quickly. 

The school day passes quickly. Nobody realized it was my birthday, not even Jade. I actually expected her to know, but It's okay, normally I would have started counting down weeks ago. 

When I get home Grace, Laurel, Agus, and Ian are there too. They really live in our house. Almost every school day one off them is here. 

When I come in they all jump up from the couch. "Happy birthday!" They call at the same time. Grace runs over and gives me a hug. 

"Thank you," I say laughing. Aww, they remembered! Well, they have been here on my birthday for a couple of years so it's not weird.

 Laurel beckoned me to sit down with them. She and Ian smiling brightly at me. I look over at Agus and see that he is looking at me, not with a smile but just a normal expression. Like he is thinking about something.

Grace hands me a present. It's pretty heavy and big. I open it tugging on they gift wrap but she used so much tap that I can't open it without acting like a little kid on Christmas. When the wrap is finally off I have 4 books in my hand. 

''OMG,'' is all I say. 

She gave me all the Twilight books! I'm so happyyy I cant wait to start reading. I almost want to cancel movie night, so I can just lay in my bed with a cup off tea and these books.

"Graceee, thank you so much!'' I lay the books next to me and get up to hug her.

''I knew you would like it,'' she says with a big smile on her face. She always gives the best presents.

 Grace and laurel walk to the kitchen. 

Agus has only been with their group of friends for a year. Ian is jealous of Agus because he and Grace hang out a lot. They are best friends but Ian probably thinks they like each other. Everyone would get his jealousy when you see them. Agus is 6 foot 3, muscular as hell and has that mysterious vibe. Ian is 5 foot 8, skinny and dorky. 

"And Cira, are you going to celebrate your birthday, with your family and friends?" Ian asks kindly. 

"Uhm no, don't think so. I'm going to meet with friends tonight but not really to celebrate my birthday "I say. 

Agus follows our conversation but says nothing. I don't know what's up with him, he's been acting a little weird lately. Not talking as much as he normally did and just listening and observing. 

Grace and Laurel walk out of the kitchen with 5 muffins in their hands. One of them has a lit candle. They walk over to me and give me the muffin with the candle. Hey, I recognize this muffin.