Red Dragon 30

I feel goosebumps all over my body. I remember from the last time a saw a wolf they were large but from upclose, he seems enormous. His body comes to my waist and his head to my shoulder.  Was this a setup? Is this the part where I'm gonna get attacked. Does this wolf know what I am? Is he part of Jason's pack or just a random wolf? 

I stand still like I'm made of stone. Running away is not an option because he would catch up with me in less than 5 seconds. I take a step back very slowly and keep my eyes on the wolf. Cira no unexpected movements, maybe he doesn't see me. What am I saying? He looks at me, of course he sees me. I feel my legs tremble.  Half of me tells me to stay calm like there is nothing to worry about but my other half says I should run away as fast as I can.

He stands still. It doesn't seem like he's going to attack me. His fur is dark brown and looks really soft. With slow cautious steps he walks closer to me, like he tries not to scare me. I squeeze my eyes together to take a better look. Those eyes, green with brown. I smile in relieve when I get that this is Jason. I stand still and watch what he does. He is now slowly taking a few steps forward. 

It doesn't matter if it's Jason, I'm still scared. Wolves are even worse than dogs. They are bigger, faster and stranger. He sits down in the middle of the lawn. It's Jason, and he's not going to hurt me. I smile nervously and slowly take a step forward. He said he is just himself when he is a wolf. When I am close to him I sit on my knees. A pair of big eyes keep looking at me tracking every move I make. Slowly I put my slightly shaking hand very lightly on his fur. I have my hand on his upper back. He sits very quietly and places his head on the grass.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I laugh and hear my voice shake. He turns his head a little towards me.

"This is so weird, you're a wolf." The wolf that is sitting in front of me is the boy who was sitting next to me this morning. We stay this way for a while. I keep playing with his fur. He has his eyes closed and his head on the ground. He is just like a big living teddy-bear. Teddy-wolf, I smile. I'm holding myself back from hugging him or laying down on the grass next to him. 

This is not normal, I live in a fairytale. 

Oh, Valentina. I pick up my phone to see what time it is. We agreed to meet in 10 minutes. I get up and see Jason opening his eyes en looking at me.

"I have to go back to the other lawn, Valentina is coming soon." Jason also stands up and walks back into the forest. I walk to the tree where my crutched are with a smile on my face. This is so weird. I don't get why I feel so warm and happy inside. 

"Wasn't that bad, was it?" I hear Jason say with a bright voice. I turn around and see him walking towards me. He wears shorts and puts on a shirt. He tries to play down the brightest smile I have ever seen on his face.

I lean against the tree and keep staring at him. I don't know why I feel so drawn to him. I know he is attractive but this is different.  

"Why didn't you say you would do this, you scared me to death!"

"I didn't plan it. I heard you walking and thought I should change to my human form again.'' He now stands in front of me, closer than he normally would. ''Then I thought about this morning when you told about your dog fear. Maybe this would help you get rid of it ... and I just wanted to see your reaction. I actually expected you to run away or something." 

He runs his hand through his hair and still laughs, so do I.

"Yes, I was thinking about it," I say softly.  We smile at each other, I see a sparkle in his eyes and I know I have that too. We walk towards the place I agreed to meet up with Valentina.