I've gone mad, 6

When I come home, my sister and one of her best friends, Ian, sit on the couch. 

"Heyyy!" I shout as I walk into the living room. 

"Hey Ci, how was your day?" Graciela asked.

"Nice Grace," I call back. 

I join them on the couch. "Are the kids nice in your new class?" Ian asks while he hands me the box of cookies.

"Yes, Jade is in my class." I grab my favorite one, the vanilla cookie.

"Oh, that's great," Grace says. "At least you already know someone." 

I eat another cookie, grab a drink and then go to my room. I put on sweatpants and quickly do my homework before joining them again. 

They have known each other for a long time since primary school. Ian comes over a lot. I know he secretly likes my sister. He told me that when I was younger. Grace doesn't see it, while the rest of the world already knows it. 

My sister is studying literature in Leiden. She has always been very serious when it comes to school, just like me. That is because of our mother. She is a teacher and has always told us how important school is and how it affects your whole life. My sister was always that girl who never had to do her best to achieve the highest marks, was head of the school newspaper and had many friends.

At half-past five, my mother comes home with my brother, who she picked up from the kindergarten. She immediately starts cooking, it looks like we're going to eat pasta. 

Celly and I are building a tower of Kapla blocks he got for his fived birthday last month. His real name is Celino, which means heaven in Italian, but I always call him Celly.

Yesterday we've built a crane that moves his car and the day before yesterday we built a bridge.

"Ci, how was your day?" Mom calls from the kitchen. 

Why that question? I don't want to think about today.

''It was fun, '' I look at her while I say: '' I was takenout of class today by Mr. van Dijk."

The living room and kitchen are connected so we can see each other. She immediately stopped chopping the bell pepper and looks shocked at me. Exactly the reaction I thought she would have. 

"Haha, I did nothing wrong. I had to show a new boy around. " 

"Ohw," my mother breathes out, relieved.

I feel a kind of offended that she assumed I did something wrong.

After dinner, I ask my mother if I can go outside.

"All right, but be back in half an hour, it is getting dark."

"Okay, mom."I put my plate in the sink, put on my shoes, grab my key and go outside. When I close the door, the thoughts fly around in my head. I have been trying to suppress them all day long and to put them away, but now that I'm outside they have exploded in my head. 

Jason, he's a new boy at my school who I had to show around. His eyes are very similar to the eyes of the "wolf boy" a boy of whom I'm not sure if I have actually seen him. So I am not sure if it's him. What if only their eyes are alike? Why would he ask what I am? It would make more sense if I asked him. He is the one who changes from a wolf into a boy. But yes, I already know what he is, a werewolf. Okay, maybe I've gone mad. Cira, did you hear what you said? Werewolf! That is a fantasy creature. 

When I reach the end of the main street, I turn right. There are two men on the lawn walking their dogs, so I walk into the other street. I really don't like dogs. I walk around a couple of blocks and try to not think about freaking magical creatures but it doesn't work. There are so many questions flying around my mind and theories about what will happen next.

When I come home, nobody says anything. I look into the living room, my mother is already upstairs in her room. She did not notice that I'm late. Ian is already gone and Grace is in her room too. I take off my shoes in silence and hang up my coat. Celly is already sleeping. I quickly take a hot shower and then go to bed.