Not an option, 26

Jason's POV

I said the right thing. I had to tell them that there is a name for what she is. If I didn't come with new information soon, they would be looking for it themselves, and I don't want that. I don't want them to know the books tell us to worry about her kind.

I had to go for a run after that meeting with the pack, just trying to escape from all those thoughts running through my mind. But her scent filled the forest so that didn't work. When I got back home everyone was gone already. I go up to the bathroom take a shower getting al the durt off me and small plants out of my hair. I grab a couple of shorts and let myself fall on my bed.

She will be fine, they don't know her name or what she looks like or where she lives. Jake and Valentina do now. They both seemed to like her so they won't be a problem. They are the only ones I talked to about her. I told them that we talk but not the details about what she is.

On my nightstand is a book, which I was reading this morning, looking for more information about Vini's. Cira made me promise her I would tell her everything I found about her. She kept staring at me, being stubborn, till she got what she wants. Well not exactly because I haven't told her anything yet. She doesn't get why I'm not telling her this. Why would I take the chance of her having a normal life as long as possible away from her? Just when I'm about to open the book to read on, I hear a knock on my door.

''Yo Jason, you in?'' Jake enters my room before I could answer. I shove the book under my pillow and sit up.

Valentina walks behind him and closes the door.

''So...how are you? Jake asks conscious. "Everyone kind of heart your howl." He walks over to the mirror and looks at his hair.

''Fine,'' I answer and watch Valentina take a seat on the end of my bed cross-legged.

''Soooo Cira...'' Valentina stares at me with a huge slim one her face. I rais an eyebrow at her.

''She is so nice... I bet if you just tell the pack about her they would totally be cool about it.''

''No way,'' I shake my head not even considering telling the pack about her.

Jake walks over and also sits on the bed.

''She seems nice and totally innocent but we can never know for shore. But you eventually have to tell them. They now think that you talked once and that she is a normal girl who doesn't seem to know that she is something other than human. You can tell them that you started talking to her just for research.'' Jake said and Valentina nods.

''I don't get what you're so scared of? They won't hunt her down or something like that. Everyone is just curious.'' Jake adds.

I don't react to that not wanting to explain to them that I really don't wanna take risks.

''Uhmm...'' Valentina suddenly looks down at her hands in her lab and looks nervous. I remember that look on her face from when we were little and she always got caught for snooping around pack bussiness.

''I'm gonna hang out with her, Wednesday, she will come here,''

''What the hell, Valentina.'' Gods how can she do that. Cira being here while there are wolves running around her. What if my pack finds out it's her, that she is the one who saw me.

''Well, everyone will be gone, they will be at Julia's and she asked me. Probably because she felt bad for me but who cares finally got to hang out with a girl my age. I almost feel normal.'' she defends herself and looks at me again.

''OK''

''Nothing can go wrong if no one is here.'' Jake tries to convince me ''But jees, you are so overprotecting.''

Valentina starts giggling

''What?'' Jakes looks at her.

''He obviously likes her...'' she looks up at me, but I keep a straight face. ''Come on admit it, everyone would know that just by how you looked at her when she had to go back in. You looked at her and smiled at her like she was the most amazing person ever.''

Did I?

''And you are totally obsessing over this thing, trying to figure her out.''

Jake turns to face Valentina and looks kind of agitated.

''That was his job, the pack sent him over there to find out what she is.''

''Yes it was his job to figure it out and report back to the pack, but he doesn't because he wants to protect her.''

''Well, it doesn't matter if he likes her. It's not like they would ever be a couple, the pack will never allow that. She isn't from a wolf family.''

I ignore Valentina's gaze and lean my head back to the headboard, just letting them talk.

Jake stands up and starts walking to my door again. ''We're gonna hang out at our place with the others, you coming?'' Valentina follows her younger brother.

I look at my pillow, I have research to do. They are right, I am obsessing over this.

''Yeah sure, I will be there in a minute.'' I can do research tomorrow.

They don't try to hide the surprise on their faces. ''Ohw...we will see you when you're there,'' Valentina says and they look at each other will leaving my room.

I wait till I hear the front door close before I get up and a grab a t-shirt. There are books everywhere in my room, I gather them to put them on my desk.

I don't get why Jake's words and attitude bother me. I know that Cira and I could never be more than... than what we are now. Valentina seemed really convicted that I like her, she acted like it was super obvious.

Why was I so concerned and feel the need to help her when I saw her fall? I could have just ignored it or just watch as the others, who were not in the class, did. Or that day after, when I health her ankle because I just had to after seeing her face while she was talking about her dance team. After that, I was a jerk but it was kind of fun to see her angry side knowing she won't take shit from anyone. Or the time with Dimelo, it really took a lot in me to not smake his head against the wall, if he touched her I would. I'm not the aggressive type, I won't use violence if not necessary.

It was the moment she told me she knows what she is. When I saw the terrified look in her eyes. she looked so fragile and vulnerable. That was the moment I realized I would do anything in my power to make sure nothing will happen to her. Then she looked up straight in my eyes and it was like I saw something change. When she looked at me it felt like my life was complete, but I pushed that feeling away quickly.

I grab my phone and walk toward the door, to go to Jake.

I can't like her, Jake was right, it's not an option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okeeee I did a chapter in Jasons POV, I was really nervous about this!

What do you think about it?

Should I do more chapters in his POV?

let me know, let me know, let me know :)

Thanks to everyone for reading my story, I really appreciate it!