He is not the same, 24

What is this? People who know about werewolves. They lived hundreds of years before me.

The bell rings. I close the book abruptly and put it in my bag. I hurry home, curious to find out what else the book has to say. Who did the diary belong to? And how did it get in the library? It didn't have a sticker, so it's not a book from the library itself. How is it possible that the book fell if no one was there? It can't be a coincidence that just when I get introduced to this magical world, I suddenly find a diary from people who also found out about werewolves. Who put it there?

When I get home my mother, sister and brother are already there. Grace is going to the mall tonight with Agus. Celly draws at his table, I sit down next to him to do my homework. When I'm done, I go upstairs. I sit on my beanbag and look through my room. I have the biggest bedroom. My mom wanted to sleep up stares and my sister said I could have the room so that how I ended up with this room. Everything is white, my walls, bookcases, bedsheets, and desk. only the accessories are black like my mirrors and window frames. I like it this way, my room always seems clean and peaceful. My bookcases are full of books, school reports, sketch blocks, and photo albums. I walk to my closet and take out the first album. The albums are sorted by time. So in the first album, I was just a baby. I walk back to my beanbag and open it. On the first page, it says:
Cira Badal

They wrote it on a sticker and put it over the original text, first there written: Cira Conoscenza, my dad's name.

My mother wanted all her children to have the same last name, so we all have her name. I and my siblings don't have the same father. If you really pay attention you will notice it. Their skin color is slightly lighter and their hair is too. I have black wavy hair and they have brown straight hair. I always straiten my hair so people will notice it less.
My mother got Grace when she was 22 years old with her high school love, Sem. Sem was not really a father. He left my mother within a year and she had to do everything alone. Then my mother got to know another man. He was very sweet and really took care of my mother and sister. His name was Sandro Conoscenza, my father. A year after I was born, he died during the war. My mother was very sad. She then went back to her first husband and got Celly. Celly was not really planned. Sem has left my mother behind... again. I know my mother really regrets it, that she went back to him. Of course, she is happy that she got Celly. My sister and I really don't like Sem. He has never been there for Grace or Celly.

I really don't care for him, I'm glad he is not my father. I continue looking through the pages. There are many pictures of my mother in here from when she was pregnant and when she has me in her hands after giving birth. I stop when I see one particular foto. In the foto, you see my father holds me in his arms and smiles at me with tears in his eyes. He was a handsome, friendly smile and curly hair, that how I got my wavy hair. He is quite big from his training for the army of course. He looks very happy. I don't know anything about my father. Mt mom never wants to talk about him. We only talked about him ones, when I was six and asked where my father is. My mother explained the story to me. I didn't really understand it back then but later on, I started wondering more about how my life would be if I had known him. There are so many things I would like to know about him, but I don't ask those questions and try not to think about it.

Probably because I know my mom doesn't want to talk about him and I don't want to feel the sorrow and loss.

"Cira, you can come, eat," my mother calls. I quickly close the album and put it back in the closet. I stand in front of my mirror and wipe away the tear that rolls down my cheek. After dinner, the bell rings, on the way up I open the door. It is Agus who comes to pick up Grace to go to the mall.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I say and take a step so that he can come in. He looks at my ankle and then frowns. I already explained to my mother and sister that my ankle hurts much less. They quickly leave.