Art days, 14

The bell rings and we walk to class. The lessons pass quickly. In the next hour, Engels, we have to work in groups and come up with a story. I'm in a group with Gina, Diaro and another girl Lora, I haven't spoken with her yet.

"Okay, who's going to write?" I ask. Diaro pushes the paper towards me. Writing has become my task.

''What do you want in the story?''

"A manhunt," Lora says with a high squeaky voice. We all look at her. "That makes it exciting." She says and shrugs.

First point, manhunt.

"Fast cars," Diaro says.

"Love," Gina says.

"Uhm okay, we can make a story about a man who stole a car because his wife always wanted such a car but they can't afford it. The man is being chased by the police, but he is too fast for them. just at the moment he got home and showed his wife the care, the cops caught him. "I say and look at them. They nod and I start writing.

When the bell rings, we hand in our story. Jade and I walk through the hall to go outside. The rest of our friends are already at our standard place. Danielle is braiding Indira's hair while Indi eats her apple. Sylvana is learning her German words and quizzes Indi and Dani. When Jade and I join, she puts away her books starts telling something. Danielle looks at me.

"How are you?" She asks cautiously.

"Ok, how was the training yesterday?" I ask.

"Hell, knowing Jo he has changed a lot again and he was grumpy but it will be alright, the setup has only changed a bit and only 2 parts of the dance." I nod and also grab my apple from my bag. 

I leave my crutches against the fence and sit on the stones next to them.

Indira looks at Jade. "Can you throw this away." she hands her, her apple core. Jade looks at it and takes it. She holds the apple by the stalk between her index finger and thumb as if she has something nasty in her hands.

"Thank you, how is your script doing?" She asks.

Jade has been writing a script since last year. She is always very good at coming up with stories and especially horror stories.

"Yeah not so good, I'm stuck."

"Oh, tell me, maybe we can help." Danielle, who is now finished with Indira's hair and sits next to her, joins the conversation.

"Well okay, the girl is moving, the new house is hunted. Every time she is there in her new room she hears someone around her talking to her, it is a young girl. Should the young girl be the previous owner of the house or will I make it her sister and... "

The lights on the school suddenly flash and the alarm goes off really loud. 

"Fire alarm," Sylvana says. We are already outside so we don't have to go anywhere. We look around us at what happens. Everyone leaves the school from different exits and the schoolyard fills itself. I see some younger students. The freshman who stood at the bicycle shed now run further down the schoolyard. A very young girl starts to cry and is comforted by a teacher. On the right side of us, all the way in the corner are the other girls from our class and a few boys. On the left are the upperclassmen.

Jade looks at me "Will there really be a fire?"

"I have no idea, we usually have a fire alarm exercise twice a year at the beginning of the year and one at the end of the year so it can also be an exercise," I answer.

"That's right, we've never had a real fire so far," Sylvana says, looking at the doors. 

I look around me not sure what I'm looking for. My friends look at the door waiting for someone to come out and tell us what's happening. Karim, Dimelo and Jason are now walking out of the school. I see Jason looking around the schoolyard. It doesn't take long before his eyes met mine. We both look away and I turn back to my friend. Their classmates are standing next to us on the left. The alarm continues and the schoolyard continues to fill with students. Everyone is moving a bit closer to each other to make room for the other student. At one point we are standing next to the rest of our class and the classmates from Jason are standing next to us on the other side. Jade goes to Kendall to ask if he knows if this is an exercise.