Talk about it, 41

I hear someone walking up the stairs. It is my sister because I hear her room door open. I get up and walk downstairs where my mother is still sitting. When she hears me she looks up and doesn't look away until I say something.

"We went looking for her. A boy from my class could trace her phone. She was dead when we found her. Her whole body was destroyed. They killed her, let her bleed to death. You hardly recognized her.'' I pland on just stating the facts but my emotions take over. ''Mom, the way Indira screamed and looked. It hurt to see and hear her. Her sister is dead." My mother looks at me with compassionate eyes. She stands up and gives me a hug.

"Cira, I'm so sorry you head to see that. I'm so proud of you for directly calling the police, you dealt with it well. Do you want to sit down and talk about it, I will make some more tea." She lets me go and looks at me now. Her eyes are soft and I know she will accept the answer whatever it is.

"No, not now. Tomorrow, okay?"

"Yes, of course, what do you want to do now? Just drink tea and watch a TV? Or do you want something to eat? I have macaroni in the fridge.''

''No thank you I'm not hungry.'' We stand still between the stairs and de livingroom.

''Is it okay if Jason comes over?'' I ask. I hope she doesn't say no because he is probably already on his way. The image of his eyes going wide for a second appears in my head. ''He was also there,'' I add.

"Yes, of course, just don't make it too late and stay downstairs in the living room. You all have to be there for each other that will help. And especially for Indira."

"Yes,'' I agree. The rest of the girls haven't said anything either. I think everyone will start talking again tomorrow. I'll call Indira tomorrow too.

"Ok, then we will talk tomorrow," It seems like she still wants to say a lot and asks and I understand that. "See you tomorrow and sleep well, you can always wake me up if you need something."

"Thank you mom, goodnight."

She walks upstairs and closes the door between the hall and the living room.

I sit down on the couch. Now that she is gone it is dead quiet in the living room. Looking at the window I see that it is already dark outside. A shiver runs through my body and I feel my blood starts to flow faster. I sit on the couch and make myself small.

I hear screams in my head. The scent of blood around me and I feel the rain on my skin. I see the body of Anaya in front of me. Her ruptured clothes. Her eyes were still wide open. I feel my hands sweat and my eyes burn while I stare into the darkness.

Then my phone lights up.
J

Jason:

I'm here

I swallow, wipe my hands over my face before getting up. When I open the door I see him. His face is pale and his hair is messy. He is wearing a black hoodie and sweatpants.

"Hai," he says when he looks at me. His eyes look sad. It seems like I haven't seen his face for a long time.

"Hai," I step aside so that he can come in. When he comes in, he closes the door and takes off his shoes. He follows me into the living room,  I see him looking around in the refection of the mirror.

"Are your mother and sister already sleeping?" He asks when he notices that the living room is empty.

"No, my mom just got upstairs and my sister is in her room."  He follows me to the coach.

"Ohw," He sounds a little uncomfortable. I don't know if that is because of the fact that he is in my house or the situation we're in.

''Would you like some tea?'' I do feel like tea because mine is already cold and I got cold from standing at the door. I walk to the kitchen.