Nothing will happen to you, I promise, 16

The weekend past, before class, my friends ask what exactly happened with Klaus and Dimelo and what their punishment is. They are both suspended for a week. Dimelo because he started it all and Klaus because he broke Dimelo's nose. What should he have done? Did they expect him to not fight back?

Jade takes her wallet from her bag. "I'm going to get a sandwich, you can already go to the others." I nod and walk on.

I see them standing next to the restroom. They wave but I can hardly wave back with those crutches. They aren't as annoying as they were a week ago.

A group of boys comes out of the boy's restroom. The first two boys are running, one is trying to put something in the hood of the nice boy who is friends with Jason.  The rest of that group follows them talking with one another. I wait till they all pass by, looking away for just a second. When I look back I see that someone is about to bump into me, I quickly take a step back, preventing me from falling. When I look up I see it's the nice boy.

He stops moving and his eyes widen when he sees me. "Oh, sorry," he says. He looks at me way longer than necessary.

"Uhm, it's okay," I say and just want them to continue walking. But because he is standing still, the whole group stopped walking and they are standing in front of me looking at me.

Jason is among them and his eyes are also on me. Are they expecting me to say something else? The nice boy finally turns around and walks away. Everyone follows him making the path towards my friends clear. Jason also wants to walk along but then changes his mind. He turns around on his heels to look at me and I just look back at him, unsure why I'm so happy that his eyes are on me again. They weren't for just one day but it was...annoying I guess.

"Hai," he says curtly.

"Hai" I look at him. I don't know why but he looks really uncomfortable, going with his fingers through his hair, pushing his hands back in his jeans pockets than again out of his jeans pockets holding the straps of his backpack. He is silent now, looking for the right words to say. It's kind of adorable and I can't help the smile on my face.

Oh god, stop smiling.

''So have you made up your mind yet, about talking to me?'' This question makes me remember why I decided to stop talking to him and the smile disappears. I know he notices that when he starts speaking again.

"Cira just listen to what I have to say, please? I have done some research to figure out what you are."

What I am? I want to walk away now, afraid that my behavior will betray me. His friends are waiting for him a few meters away from us and so are mine. They can't hear what we're saying.

"I don't need you to tell me what I am. Sorry but I really have to go to my friends now." I look at him for 2 seconds while talking, then turn around and look at my girlfriends.

Looking at their faces, I see that they really don't understand what is happening. I walk towards them. I see Indira looking at the floor in front of me.

"Watch out!" She shouts. I want to look down, but it's already too late. My good leg slides forward and I fall backward.

Are-you-kidding-me. The universe is really working against me. Someone has spilled there drink.

I try to get my hands out of my crutches so that I can catch myself, but that doesn't go very smoothly. I probably going to look like a struggling spider. I feel a hand in my back that prevents me from falling. The hands let go of me when I am stable again.

I turn around in shame. ''Thank you,''

"No problem," says Jason, putting his hands back in his pockets.