math class, 7

When I arrive at school, I walk in a straight line through the door to my locker. The same thoughts go through my mind all morning. What will happen today? Will he ask me what I am again? Or will he not show up and just stay gone?

When I open my locker, I hear a group of girls talking. I pick up a few words and already know what's going on.

"Have you seen him, I haven't yet but ..." The girl with the light blue hair says hysterically to her friends. I close my locker and walk away. It's just a handsome boy, not a celebrity or something.

When I walk into the restroom, I see Jade already busy with her mascara.

"Hey, Jade," I say and notice how soft my voice is. I clear my throat and stand next to her by the mirror. I do my hair and look at my face which looks tired even though I slept well last night.

"How are you?" She asks, looking at me in the mirror.

"Fine, and you?" Before she answers, we hear voices and see Indira and Sylvana enter the restroom.

"Heeyyy!" Indira shout like she is surprised to see us here. Like we don't do this every morning before class.

I give them a hug. The four of us stand in front of the mirror. Sylvana makes a tail in her hair and Indira puts on her lip gloss.

"Hey girls, he is standing there, talking to Dimelo and the whole group at the canteen," Indira whispers as if they could hear us. I look at myself in the mirror and try to keep my reaction normal, I smile briefly.

Great, he is back.

When the bell rings, we all walk out of the restroom. I turn my head and look at everything except the canteen.

"What class do we have now?" Jade asks. I take my schedule from my bag.

"English," We greet the others and walk up the stairs. In the meantime, I look at the announcements board. Maybe there will be something fun soon, a tournament or something else. The only thing that attracts my attention is the announcement that says our English teacher is sick.

"Jade, class is canceled," I say, still looking at the board.

"Wow, really I hate this school. Why couldn't they put it on the site sooner? What the hell is the point of putting it online five minutes before class begins?" She scolds.

"Shall we sit in the auditorium?" I ask. She nods and we walk on. We are on the second floor, from here we can also enter the auditorium.

The auditorium consists of a huge staircase with a normal staircase on the sides. The large staircase is to sit on. It is so wide that you can stretch your legs without them hanging over the step. Well, I can stretch my legs, people with longer legs can't without them hanging over the step, so most people can't.

Downstairs is a large open space, where now a very large group of boys is standing. They will probably go away as soon as the bell rings. We sit at the top of the stairs. I take my bag off and place it next to me. 

"What do you think of our classmates?" I ask. She has her eyes closed and leans her head back.

"We have 12 girls and 17 boys. The girls are in 2 groups, the barbies, and the losers...oh and us of course. With the boy's there are 3 groups, the "gangster", the nice boys and the loners, "she explains. 

Wow, she was kind to call a certain group nice.

"Oh, okay," I look at her and see that she almost falls asleep.

"Jade, did you sleep last night?"

"No, not really, I stayed up until 4 in the morning because of the new song by Tyga ft. Kanye West would be released," She looks irritated again. "But there were problems so it won't be released until next week. Around 7 o'clock, the alarm went off again.