Getting ready, 47

"Yes ... sorry about that. Your sister's friend reminded me of someone." He explains. "Someone I ..." he searches for the right word "don't really like.''

I look up immediately, he stares ahead.

"But that wasn't him, it couldn't have been him, people changed in 5 years."

Is he talking about Agus or Laurel?

I say "Ohw" and look at his phone again. I click on a song but continue to look through his music. He has at least 5000 songs on his phone, all divided into different lists.

I click on a other list.

1.Yann Tiersen - Comptine d'un autre été
2. Claude Debussy - Clair de lune
3.Beethoven's silence
4. Ludwig von Beethoven - Für Elise (slow)

It goes on and on, I think he has 18 numbers. All classical music. I know them all except for one.

Transformation

There is no name of the artist, just the title.

I press it on and Jason looks up immediately as if I caught him.

"I don't listen to classical music,'' I quote him.

He laughs, ''busted''

We listen to the music in silence. It starts very slowly and peacefully. The first instrument you hear is a piano, later a violin and flute is added. It is very relaxing I wanna lie on a mountain in the grass and dream away. Slowly the music becomes faster and the sound becomes louder.

It's not so peaceful anymore, there are fear and anger now. A drum is added. You usually hear such music in a movie when someone is being chased or is in a dangerous situation. We listen to it in silence. My music teacher at school always tells about the stories behind music. Actually more of an emotion and you can think of the story yourself. I already understand the name transformation. The beginning was so peaceful, relaxed, you would never expect it to change suddenly. From peaceful to fear and anger. I look at his phone, the song is 11 minutes long. I see a number one next to the title. This is the song he has listened to the most. Wow. Maybe he feels that way. His life was at first peaceful and after his mother's death everything changed.

A bar appears on his screen.

Lissa:
Thx Jays, wouldn't know what I'd do without you (heart) 

I can see her profile picture next to the message. It's the girl Jason hangs out with from his class. I put his phone back where it was first.

"You got a message," I say.

Why always when I just look at his phone he gets a message from a girl. How many would he get when I don't have his phone?  He looks at his phone and smiles briefly.

I look away, I hate the fact that this annoys me so much.

We are already there. I grab my crutches and my bag and then get out.

"See you later." He says and smiles.

"Bye." I say curtly and walk to Valentina's house. Valentina's house is the middle house and also the largest house.

Jason is still standing by his car, but then also walks away.

I ring the bell, Liz opens quickly.

"Good morning." I say and smile.

"Good morning," she says, stepping aside. She has a bowl with dough in her hand. ''Come on in. Valentina is upstairs, you can go to her room if you want." She says. I look around me while taking off my jacket. The hall is huge, everything is a warm brown color.