Trust me, 49

I don't respond to that and just wait for him to start talking, start explaining. I don't think he is gonna let me run away so listening to him is my only option.

He looks around the room still walking at a slow pace and finally starts talking.

"There are several supernaturals, werewolves, vampires, witches, and warlocks. There are more I haven't met yet. The different types of supernaturals don't like each other. As long as we stay away from each other, there is no problem. One thing we all have in common is our hatred towards humans." I look at him feeling my heart beat hard against my chest. I never expacted him to say that or feel that way.

He slowly walks around the room, his hand behind his back. He is now opposed to me looking at the wall with weapons while he is talking. 

"Magical beings are evil, that's in our nature. Humans are our natural enemies, our victims." Now he looks at me with cold eyes. 

Victims, the murdered people, are they their victims? I feel my stomach twist and look away. 

That's Jason, I know him. He won't hurt me.

He looks away again and continues his story. "Then some rules came made by a powerful family from Italy. Mankind and supernaturals should be able to live together in peace. Since there are far fewer magical creatures than humans, they came to the conclusion that the magical creatures must adapt to humans as much as possible and should not attack them. Most of us agreed with that rule. As long as we do not attack humans and show our true selfs, they won't attack us either."

I listen and am still in exactly the same place as when Jason entered the room. 

"It has always been this way. When humans find out about our exsistans they attack us. Even if we didn't do anything, even if we aren't even thinking about hurting them. They don't get us so they see us as a threat. The witch hunts, the murders, the experiments, the mistreatments humans aren't as good as they show themselves to be. Many of the supernatural can't stand that and can't follow the rules." With that last sentence, he looks at the board behind me. 

"We and many other wolves do follow the rule, we want everyone to live in peace with each other. When magical beings have violated the rules and that concludes into letting the humans know we exist, we try to stop that. So that we protect all the magical creatures and humans."

He is now in front of the first board and looks at the photos of the victims. 

"We always say that we will never just take someone's life, human or supernatural. This is our territory and we must protect the people here. These people were killed by werewolves but not by us." He now looks in my eyes for a longer time, this are his eyes, his soft eyes. He looks to see if I believe him. I stand still and look at the board not giving anything away about how I feel right now. 

"Why did they suddenly kill so many people?" My eyes go over the photos of the wounds and I feel sicker than I already did, I quickly look away. 

"We think it's just one wolf. This happens more often, packs that kill people, travel around the world, looking for something or someone." He points to Niek's photo. "This man was a forest ranger, he must have seen a wolf, that was a reason for the wolves to kill him." Then he points to 2 other people. "These were two scientists who did research on mutated DNA, they had found mutated DNA somewhere, probably DNA from a magical creature, they would reveal their information to the whole world. Again, someone put a stop to it and killed them and destroys their investigation." His eyes now go to the bottom photos.
"These teenagers had probably seen a monster in the woods. They should not have been killed at all, none of these people. Those teenagers were drunk nobody believed them, they would have forgotten it in the morning. That's how all these people have their story, they all knew it even though they might not even understand it. They were killed for no reason." He runs his head over his head. I walk to an empty board with the word suspects on it. No pictures, just words.