Innocent little girl act, 34

Jason's POV

I walk back home not able to get that stupid grin off my voice. The moment I lay on the field there with her next to me, her hands on my back, with the warm sun on us was perfect. her scent surrounding me. She smells like a mix of vanilla and lavender, sweet but fresh. I walk back the same route we walked before so her scent is still strong her.

I love the fact that she recognized me, just by my eyes.

She told me she liked my eyes and I flushed like a little girl. I could have told her so much but no I flushed. I could have told her, I can stare into her black, but when the sun shines directly on them dark brown , eyes forever and never get tired of them, I could have told her her smile makes my heart flutter, the sound of her laugh sound better than any song I have ever heard.

But no I flushed.

They all made a plan to meet her and hide it from me. This day went better than I expected it to go. They all seemed to like her and I think she enjoyed herself. She said she did, and I checked a couple of times.

Nathan was calmer than I thought he would be in this situation. He has a temper, he has to get his anger under control. This could have ended so bad if he wasn't calm.

I hope that when I come back Nathan didn't brainwash them, making them ''unlike'' her.

I get him, I get that she is a stranger and a creature we don't know and trusting her is hard. I know it's hard. I stayed away from her for a long time, fighting myself not to get to close but every time she is near those thoughts fly away.

I'm almost at the houses again. I know that when I go back they will start having all these questions. I know they won't ask them directly to me, because they know they won't get extensive answers.

They know what I want them to know. Some things I'm not gonna tell anyone. Like the fact that not humans, can't hurt her with their own hands. I don't know for sure if that's true and I'm not planning on trying it out. But when someone decided to attack her they will try it with their hands first and she won't get hurt. If they know they can't hurt her thereselfs they will try it other ways.

When I approach the houses I try to hear what they are talking about.

''Se seemed harmless,'' Joshua states.

I know that they will stop talking, or talk differently when they know I can hear them. But I have done enough eavesdropping for today.

When I walk on the feeld they stop talking and all look at me, like they are caught. I laugh at their expressions and walk over to the picknick table.

They stay silent, waiting for me to say something first, but I'm not going to.

''Sorry we planed it behind your back,'''Jake finally decided to break the silence.

''It's fine,'' I say and mean it.

They seem relieved by my answer. I get that they were curious about her. She is something unordinary, special.

I sit down next to Jake.

''She is pretty, and kind,'' Joshua remarked.

Valentina's eyes are directly on me. When I look at Joshua I see that he looked serious while saying it. Like that is a big, important discovery.

Justin nods, ''Yeah, that was a surprise,'' he looks at me now.

Valentina frowns at him, ''We told you that she is nice.''

''What did you expect,'' Jake asked waiting amused for his answer.

Joshua shrugs and looks at Justin, telling him he should answer.