Little secret, 51

"Cira," he says looking down with a creppy smile. "We should talk." His eyes are full of hostility and betrayal. He walks towards me slowly, threateningly. I try to behave normally and look around me as unobtrusively as possible.

I hardly recognize him, he has crazy big eyes and looks much more treathing than he normally does.

"Tell me, tell your little secret." He whispers.

My secret? How does he know I have one?

"What do you mean?" I turn to the mirror again. Could he know that I am a Vini? I keep on applying make-up, acting casually.

"Your little secret, about the people here," he says. I look at him trough the mirror. Their secret is what they are werewolves.  Why did he say people like that? He can't know right?

"I don't know what you're talking about." My body can't move anymore.

"Don't lie!" His fist slams against the table hard, cracking it.

I'm frightened and let my brush, which I had picked up again, fall on the table. I feel my heart beating faster.

"But I have a question." He says softly again, "Why would you keep their secret if they mistreat you." His eyes shoot at my arm and then back at my face.

"They didn't do that," I quickly defend them.

He frowns at my reaction, apparently, this raises new questions in him. But he decides to stick to his old plan.

"You are not one of us, so you shouldn't know about us,'' he hisses, his eyes glowing red.

Us? What is he talking about?

He is a werewolf. How couldn't I have known that? He has been in my hous tuns of times.

''But that is not the only thing."

He has grown his nails and scratches over the table while he walks towards me.

"You Cira, you are something special. I have been walking on this earth for a long time and know every creature. But I don't know what kind of monster you are. I always knew there was something up with your family. I found out it was you, when you were suddenly cured and I found a site on your computer that said the word Vini and than suddenly disapeard. And than on your birthday, the way you reacted to the smell of wolfdlower, that was the moment I knew something was up. I saw your scars and your werewolf boyfriend, haven't seen him in a long time.''

What the fuck! He knows Jason? Was Jason right? Is he the one Jason didn't like?

''How do you know Jason?'' the words leave my mouth before I know it.

His jaw tences and he looks furious. ''I'm not finished talking,'' he hises.

I close my mouth and listen.

''You know Cira, I kinda liked you and your family. You all are nice people, but now that I know how you are, you discust me. You are a monster, you have been lying to everyone.'' he spits the words at me as he is getting closer.

I try to back away, but my back is allready against the mirror, there is no way out of here. He doesn't break eye contact with me. He is now so close that with the next step he stands on my feet pushing down on it with his whole weight, but his face is casual. I feel the bones shattering but bite my teeth to stop me from screaming in pain.

''I killed I hundreds of people over the last centuries but lately, I have been more active than normal.'' he eyes lid up like he is proud of what he says.

I breath out, loud and try to ignore the pain. Did he say centuries, what the fuck, is he insane? He has been killing, Agus have been killing people and is proud of it. Why would he, why...