He is way out of your league, 17

(Haii sorry for letting you wait so long. I had exams and I went on a trip because of my birthday. I'm on summer break now so I will post more frequently. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's one of my favorites.)

"You said you didn't find anything," I say and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yes ... nothing new." He shrugs.

Nothing new? How long has he known about Vini's? How much does he know?

''And you weren't going to tell me?''

''Nope'' he says briefly again.

What? He found out what I'm and wasn't going to tell me.

''Nope?''

He stays quiet, not planning on explaining himself.

''Why not?'' I don't try to hide the annoyance in my voice.

''Because you didn't have to know.''

I stop walking now. He can't be serious. If anyone should know what I am it's me.

''Are you serious?''

He stops walking too and turns to face me. He doesn't seem affected by my annoyance.

''Yes I am. Your life won't be the same other this, a lot will change. Maybe not right now, but in a year or 10 years, I don't know.'' The irritation in his voice is there at the last part but he recovers himself fast. ''The more people know the more dangerous it will be for you. So yeah it was the best for the fewer people to know, including you.''

He is right, my life will change and he tried to prevent that from happening, I don't know why he would do that, but I should be thankful. I stare at him letting it sink in than I smile briefly and he smiles back.

"Let's talk about something else, you are mine the whole break anyways." He says with a playful smile and pushes the door open, he lets me walk first and then walks next to me again.

"Yes ok."

Why did he seem so affected by this? Why would he be concerned about my safety? He was sent here to find out what I am but he already knows. What is the point of him staying? Is me being a Vini affecting him in another way?

It is always very quiet near my locker. I think most empty lockers are listed here.

''What did you do this weekend?'' He leans against the locker next to mine.

I answer while taking the keys out of my bag and opening my lock.

"I was supposed to meet my friends on Saturday, but it didn't happen. I would be home alone with my brother that day anyway, so I wouldn't do much, watching TV and making homework. On Sunday my mother, my sister and I cleaned up the back yard." He looks at what I'm doing. I remove the crutch so that I can hang my bag on my locker door and change my books.

"What about you?" What do wolfs do on weekends?

"Not much Saturday, just homework and I helped my dad with some problems. Sunday I hang out with my brothers." He explains and turns a so he is facing me.

I look at my schedule to see which books I need.

"You have brothers?" I had never really thought about his family. Would his pack be the same as his family?

"No, but I see the boys from my pack as my brothers. The children of those men from my father's old pack also become wolves, well most of them. We are together all the time so we see each other as family." He explains. I close my locker and stand opposite him against the other row of lockers.