Meet the pack part 3,33

Jason moves a little forward so he sits a bit more between me and Nathan. Nathan hasn't looked away from me since I got here.

"Calm down Nathan. She has done nothing wrong, on the contrary, she has done only good so far. Because of her, Jason is starting to be his old self again. He is smiling and happier than usual. And my sister finally has a girlfriend, some she can talk to about girl stuff." Jake tries to calm him down. His mouth doesn't move while talking so I know it's the mind link. 

Nathan looks at Jake and lets his nails grow back slowly. Do they think Jason changed because of me? 

Jason looks from Jake to Nathan. Jake probably blocked Jason out when he talked to Nathan. Jason slowly leans back again but keeps his eyes on Nathan. 

I hold my glass with two hands and stare at my drink.

"You don't have to drink it, nobody does...except Jason," Jake says, this time his voice sounds clear so I look up. 

"Give it to me," he holds out his hand. I give my glass. He turns around empties my glass in the bushes, then gives it back to me. 

"Thank you," I smile.

It doesn't surprise me that Jason likes it. He also likes his Dr.frizz.

Valentina comes out of the door with her tablet in her hand.

"Nathan, why didn't you go to Julia anymore?" She sits down next to me on the armrest of the couch. 

I think Julia is the fiance of Aiden.

"We were on our way but then Julia called and said that something had come up," Nathan explains. 

He sounds nicer but still looks so emotionless.

"Ohw ..." she nods and looks at her tablet. "Sooo guys, we discovered something. Well, actually Cira did."

She looks around, excited to tell them and then at me. 

Omg please, not the mind link thing. This wouldn't be the best time to tell them about that. I look at her with wide eyes and try to shake my head as subtle as possible. But she doesn't seem to get it.

"Cira can hear you!" she almost shouts.

I push my fist against my mouth and don't look at them.  

But this wasn't clear enough for them. Omg Valentina stop. 

"When you talk," silence "in your head." She looks at them with wide eyes.

Jake frowns at Valentina, Nathan stares at the floor with his fists clenched and Jason just looks at me.

 I have to explain it now, even though I don't really understand it myself.

"Yes uhm I can hear you when you talk to each other in your head. It's just like you talk out loud only it sounds dull. If you are far away I hear nothing or at least whisper. If you are close by, I just hear it as loud as you say in your head, I think." I explain. While talking I don't look at any of them. It is quiet for a moment. Jason and Jake look at each other and then look at me again.

Jake slides forward in his seat. 

''How does it work? Can we talk to you too?" He asks. 

"No, I just tried that but she didn't respond." I turn and look at Jason, he looks at Jake and now at me. He also moves forward and leans his elbows on his thighs. 

"I don't know much about it myself. I will try to make it stop." I promise. I wouldn't like it if someone could hear everything I say to Jade or Grace.