Chapter 0 - Introduction

"My life was awful. Everyone hated me and treated me like I was just a waste of their oxygen. I often wondered, why do I exist? Well, that was until the day I found that purpose... in the military! But, the story doesn't quite start there, in fact, it was a few days before I was taken into the military— by mistake!"

I was an accident and in more ways than one. My parents didn't want me to the point that they wanted to abort me. You see, my mother gave birth to me when she was in her early twenties. She became pregnant due to unprotected sex. After the guilt trip from their parents, they chose to have the kid, me.

My name's Nathaniel. I'm seventeen and my birthday is coming up in three days. I never got to celebrate holidays or really do anything fun at all. The biggest reason for that is that I don't have anyone to celebrate with.

However, I actually do really enjoy my birthday. I do a little celebration alone in my room and appreciate just simply being alive.

I'm glad to have a life, even if mine is unfortunately shitty. I'm not happy, but I've never felt happiness. Maybe it's something I could have the pleasure of enjoying one day.

When I celebrate my birthday, it's the only time I can believe I'm happy. Just making it out alive for another year makes things look better and gives me something to look forward to. makes it easier to pretend I'm happy.

My school life is probably the worst part. I'm bullied everywhere I go, by everyone I see. Nobody likes me. Why? Well, I guess it had to be the first day I moved here.

My family was poor but, a good five years ago, my dad got this really nice job that pays extremely well. Eventually, we moved somewhere pretty damn nice and rich. Now I go to this really rich school, that's too rich for us, even with all the money my dad makes. I don't know my dad too well and definitely not enough to know exactly how he hit such luck with this job.

When I arrived on the first day of school, I was overwhelmed by the size. They had to separate the school into four sides; North, East, West, and South.

So, I had to get a map. Yeah, well, my dumbass got so worked up looking at the layout of the place trying to find my class, I ran into Lizzie!

"Who is Lizzie?" You might ask. She's the most popular girl in school and, literally, everyone knows her. She's the richest, prettiest, smartest straight-A student, and she's not one to be fucked with. She's really rowdy and rough, yet prim and proper.

Her body is curvy with a large chest, skinny waist, and well-sized hips. She's a perfect model. Not that I'm one for looks anyway. She's about five feet, seven inches tall and she is exceptionally fit. She's naturally pretty if you ever got to see her without make-up on, that is. She has long black hair and finally, in my opinion of what her best physical feature is, her eyes.

She has beautiful, captivating blue, seemingly teal, colored eyes. They sparkle with an unexplainable gleaming glow and they shine like no other.

She's at the top of the food chain here and everyone loves her. She knows excellent self-defense and she could kick anybody's ass. That keeps guys at bay for the most part. I've seen what happens when guys approach her unannounced and let's just say, it gets messy. Now, back to the story.

I turned the corner and- Bam! We crashed into each other! She fell over and everyone, almost immediately, watched and gasped. I tried to help her up and say sorry but, I was stopped by this guy who stood tall in front of me.

By the time I looked up to see who it was, I was getting my face hammered over and over again with fists!

After that incident, I spent the first week that I was supposed to spend at school, in the hospital. Now, I'm not to sure, but I don't even think that guy got in trouble!

Well, that's the only reason I can think of as to why everyone hates me. It's pretty damn miserable.

Now at home, I can't really do much. My parents just yell at me anytime they see me, or they look at me with disgust. So, alternatively, I stay in my room all day. When I get hungry, I go eat sandwiches or something easy to make. Just so I don't have to be outside of my room for long. I like to draw and read when I get bored, otherwise, I'm sleeping or meditating.

So now, you know a rundown of how my life is and, well... it's shitty, right? I guess it could be worse...