Day Zero: Jungkook

~~~

9:03am

Outside the sky was grey, sun snuffed out by the thick canopy of clouds as rain began to softly descend from the heavens. The teacher walked in looking as inspired as a used tea bag and Jungkook could already feel a daydream starting, a really good one. 

This teacher was gonna have to be really interesting if she wanted to compete. 

Jungkook slumped over his desk, flicking mindlessly at the tape that peeled from the side. He found that the plastic chairs were all right a few grades ago but now all the heights were wrong and it made his back ache. The teacher droned on as she instructed the class to take out there laptops for research. 

Jungkook didn't quite know what the topic of research was. Not that he cared about the topic anyway, because soon Jungkook's hand had a mind of it's own, opening a new computer tab as he logged onto twitter. 

Jungkook began playing with one of his many silver piercings as the latest trends popped up on the side of his feed. Although there were countless more interesting hashtags on celebrities and gossip, one particular trending tag caught his attention, and not in a good way. 

Jungkook shook his lengthy brunette bangs out of his eyes as he focused on the topic. 

You see, Jungkook was perfection in coffee hues; his hair and eyes were the colour of dark roasted coffee beans but his skin was all latte. He was slim, but the way his clothes hung gave away the muscle beneath. Jungkook was a perfect guy. 

"There's been a fire at the leading government science research facility?" Jungkook mumbled under his breath, clicking on the hashtag to get a better scope of the situation. 

The science facility was only located a few kilometres from the school. Jungkook lived in a rural area, so having a top secret science facility near him wasn't surprising if the government wanted to keep its secrecy. 

Jungkook's attention was quickly drawn away from the screen when he heard violent shuffling from the seat in front of him. 

"fuck, Fuck, FUCK!" the male cursed, eyes glued to his phone as he stood from his chair. In opposition to Jungkook, the male in front of him had coffee skin, but it contrasted greatly against his deep windswept blue hair.  "I... I-I have to go!" grabbing his black hoodie Jungkook watched on as Kim Taehyung dashed out the classroom door despite the teacher's disapproval, wind catching in his flimsy white cotton t-shirt he hurried out into the hall. 

Before Jungkook could process what had just happened, he spotted the student council president stand from the front of the classroom, "Miss, allow me to follow-"

"That's all right Jimin," The teacher reassured, "Taehyung can face the consequences when he returns to school."

Jungkook watched as the blonde haired male let out a dejected sigh, sitting himself back down in his chair as he continued in his studies.

Jungkook found that the school bell rang sooner then expected. Standing from his desk, Jungkook hauled his camo backpack over his shoulder. His eyes however quickly flickered down at the chair in front of him. 

Kim Taehyung's chair. 

Taehyung's black, worn out backpack was still slung over the side of his chair, forgotten by it's owner. Jungkook reached out to grab the bag but found himself hesitating when he thought of how pissed Taehyung would be if he got wind of Jungkook touching his stuff. Let's just say, Taehyung wasn't the best person to take chances with. 

So Jungkook left it, heading out the door to his next lesson. 

---

9:45am

"Curse t-this school" Jungkook gasped, managing to push past the constant stream of students and to the school field. The grass was damp and covered in a thin layer of frost. Jungkook could already feel the sprinkle of rain dampening his hair. 

As Jungkook walked over to the rest of the track and field team, he found his footprints embedded, leaving muddy patches of grass behind him. The oval was out of bounds in the rain, but his coach didn't care, it was nationals soon and they needed to train. 

Bending over to tie up his laces, Jungkook began prepping himself for an hour of track and field. Most people complained about doing so much sport, but Jungkook didn't mind. After all, he was the school's sports representative. There wasn't anything he couldn't do. 

Smiling contently, Jungkook finished tying the final knot on his shoe, shaking his foot a little to make sure his sneakers were secured on his feet. 

"Perfect" Jungkook nodded, making his way over to his coach. 

But his coach wasn't there anymore, only a cluster of shaking students. 

Were they shaking because of the cold?

Jungkook was about to make his way over but paused mid step when a blood curdling scream tore through the field like a great shard of glass. 

Boy what a scream that was. It made the hair on his arms stand. It was the loudest most piercing scream he had ever heard. A scream of wild panic- of disbelief bordering on terror. 

Jungkook felt his eyes widen and pulse quicken at the noise. From the forest followed the sound of heavy limbs being dragged across the floor, a cracking noise every once in a while like bone or wood. Jungkook felt his lip begin to tremble as a figure emerged from the forest. 

Dragging a mangled corpse behind it a person approached- no. 

Jungkook couldn't call that thing a person. 

The male's jaw was dislocated showing their torn tongue and bloodstained teeth. The thing moaned as it smelt the blood in the air. 

All Jungkook could do was stare. 

He felt as if his heart will explode and his eyes were wide. His body wanted to either run fast for the hills or fight, but instead he stood right where he was. Sometimes freezing isn't the best option, but lets face it... who wouldn't freeze?

Jungkook wanted to silence the hammering in his chest but there was no way that would happen right now. His adrenaline surged so fast he almost vomited, but at some point he had to move. 

The fallen figure behind the first rose to its feet and Jungkook's face paled, "... Coach?" Jungkook choked, shivering as he finally managed to take a step backwards. 

The only answer was a low moan. Jungkook began loosing all feeling when he stared down his coach. His eyes had been gouged out, one last desperate attempt to stay alive as his throat had been ripped out. His legs dragged in the muddy dirt as he staggered towards the nearest stunned student making no hesitation to grab the girl by the arm as she was pulled into the monster. 

Flesh and bones are torn and shred as he devours her, blood mixing into the falling rain. The girls face showed nothing but a silent plea for help, but everyone already knew she was a goner. 

And that's when Jungkook ran. 

He ran and ran and ran, the fastest he's ever run in his entire life. The cold morning air shocked his throat and lungs as he inhaled deeper, faster. The rainfall was stinging his eyes and his feet were slipping against the muddy surface of the oval, but he didn't care. He needed to get out. Blood curdling screams and the stench of blood signalled one thing to Jungkook. 

This was no longer his world. 

It was their's. 

------

Next Chapter out now.