Chapter Four

{Exposed}

"DRIVE!"

Without wasting a second of time, the sun bleached van was set into motion. The tires skid against the concrete stirring up dust in its wake. Hoseok and Jungkook found themselves hanging onto whatever they could grab a hold of as the van made sharp turns through the camp. 

"Babe, hurry up and find the exit!" Hoseok called, squealing like a child as the van almost collided with a pole. On the other hand, Jungkook found his ears perking up at the relationship status between Hoseok and the female driver. 

"Why don't you shut up and tell me where I'm going Hoseok!?" She cried, turning the wheel harshly, "You're the navigator aren't you!?" 

Point proven. 

Stumbling over supply boxes and loose objects, Hoseok jumped into the front passenger seat. Pulling out a map from the front compartment, pointing east as he directed his girlfriend towards the exit. 

At this point in time, Jungkook wouldn't be surprised if they'd accidentally run over a few people. 

Within seconds of Hoseok climbing into the front seat, they had managed to locate the exit. A tall wooden fence stood in front of them, maybe 5 metres tall? It was sturdy with the purpose of keeping out any passing hordes. 

The gate on the other hand was somewhat rickety. It had surely been sturdy when it was made, but it hadn't had any maintenance in a couple of years, and was starting to loose it's strength with the amount of people coming and leaving the camp on missions or other. 

Hoseok lent forwards in the front seat getting a closer look at the gate as they drove closer and closer. The hinges and nails had become rusted and the gate hung at a jaunty angle. It gave Hoseok the impression that one good gust of wind could finish it off. Sitting confidently back in his seat, Hoseok's girlfriend tensed up with the words that left her boyfriends mouth, "Drive faster."

Jungkook almost choked on his own saliva at the words that had left the orange haired male's mouth, "Hoseok what the fuck!?" Jungkook called, "The gate's shut!"

"Exactly," Hoseok spoke, finally buckling up his seatbelt, "We're driving straight through it." 

Jungkook's eyes flickered out the front window. There was surprisingly no one guarding the front gate. 

Firmly pressing a hand against his bleeding side, Jungkook found himself curling up into a corner to avoid any further injury. 

The speed of the van picked up, "BRACE!" 

Hoseok's girlfriend wasn't stopping for anything and she sure as hell wasn't taking her foot of the gas for a few gunmen getting in the way. 

Hoseok's eyes were glued to the map clutched tightly in his hands. Even with the confidence he was displaying, Jungkook could still see the visible shaking of the nervous male. The hiss of the tyres over the concrete was lost over the sudden sounds of gunshots in one final attempt for camp Delta to stop them. But there efforts were proven pointless as soon as the van made contact with the wooden gate. 

A piercing crackling noise was heard as the van penetrated the gate, splinters of wood flying into the air as the van broke through. Hoseok let out a grunt as he found himself flying forwards but was luckily stopped by his seatbelt. Jungkook was unfazed as he staggered quickly to his feet, peering out the small window panel at the back of the van to get a clear view of the chaos they had left behind. He let out a sigh of relief, "We lost em'." Jungkook spoke, leaning his back against the van as he slid down to the floor with a thud. 

Hoseok was quick to unbuckle his seat belt, jumping into the back of the van and stumbling towards Jungkook with urgency. Taking ahold of Jungkook's shoulders Hoseok lay the male down as gently as possible, removing Jungkook's hands from his torso as he assessed the damage. 

Jungkook's once off white cotton t-shirt was now mixed with vibrant reds as the bleeding continued. Grabbing a hold of a first aid kit at his side, Hoseok pulled out a long bandage, "Thank god I haven't unpacked yet." Hoseok mumbled, bringing the bandage to his teeth as he tore it in two. 

Hoseok brought his hand to Jungkook's shirt, lifting up the material as he set the bandage beside him. Picking up a bottle of water Hoseok's eyes met Jungkook's, "This might sting a little." Hoseok chuckled slightly, looking down at the brunette. 

Catching Hoseok by surprise, Jungkook simply smirked, "I'll be fine, trust me," Jungkook lifted his arm to reveal his zombie bite, "I've been through worse." 

Hoseok rolled his eyes as he began tipping the water over Jungkook's wound, channeling the flow of the water gently. Jungkook flinched at the contact against his exposed skin, but was quick to cover it with a confident expression. 

Hoseok picked up the bandage once again. Jungkook sat himself up to allow Hoseok to wrap the bandage tightly around his torso to prevent further bleeding. Securing the material Hoseok smiled, "All done."

"Thanks Hoseok." Jungkook sighed, relief evident in his voice. The situation could have been much, much worse if he had remained in that room any longer. 

Jungkook found his eyes trailing over to Hoseok. There was a kindness in his smile, a gentleness. It was the smile of one who laughed with ease and saw person under the behaviour, a soul-connector. 

Jungkook felt a smile creep its way to his face, something that rarely occurred anymore in this chaotic world they lived in. He had finally found a person who was willing to risk his own life for the sake of someone else, it was true loyalty. A true friend. 

"Your welcome," Hoseok replied, packing away the first aid kit, "I'm all about finding a cure, but not if its done in a morally wrong way." he spoke, "Besides, your my squadron leader." Hoseok chuckled, "Where you go, I go." 

By this stage, Jungkook's lips had broken out into the biggest smile he had mustered up in years.  It was hard to find a genuine person now a days. And Jungkook had felt as if he had just found the most genuine person in the world. 

Clearing his throat Jungkook returned back to his serious persona as he sat himself against the back of the van, too worn out to stand and make his way to a proper seat. There wasn't really one anyway, the only seat available was the one up front next to the drivers seat. Jungkook felt that it wasn't his place to sit there, more so Hoseok's. 

"By the way," Jungkook spoke, pointing slackly towards the driver, "Who might you be?"

The van began to slow as the driver turned in her seat. 

Jungkook's eyes widened. Words left him as he stared into those bright green eyes brimming with sunshine. Jungkook felt as time slowed as he pointed a shaking finger at the girl. 

"Daisy?"

-----

{Author Note}

Turns out Daisy survived after being separated from Jimin on day zero!

Chapter out tomorrow! 

(unedited)