Chapter Thirty

{time to move}

Cramped tightly inside the one space, the squad found themselves all reunited in the back of Hoseok's van, not yet assessing the damage Taehyung's vehicle had taken from the hit. Scrunching his hair in-between his fingers, seated up against the wall, Namjoon couldn't help but let out a drastic sigh of relief, "That was so close..." he spoke, recalling when the symptoms of the Cordyceps infection began to surface within Hoseok. 

He recalled back to when mere minutes ago the orange haired male began to give in. Pain had seared through Hoseok's body better than a branding iron, his mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion. Without meaning too, Hoseok had found his body curling into something fetal as his pain burned and radiated. He cried and screamed for the torturous pain to stop, for someone to shoot him right then and there. And looking into Hoseok's pleading eyes filled with agony... Namjoon almost did it. He was so close to ending the life of his best friend, but he didn't. He couldn't. 

And he was glad he didn't, because just after a few minutes had passed by Taehyung had burst into the van. It was the first time any of them had seen Taehyung go into 'serious' mode, acting like the doctor and scientist he should be, as he frantically unclipped the case, swiping out a thin glass tube of the antidote. Namjoon recalled the moment of pure relief when Taehyung secured the liquid in a needle, loosing no time in injecting it straight into Hoseok's throbbing veins. 

In the nick of time, 

Hoseok had been saved. 

"...Thank you, Taehyung, Jungkook." Namjoon said sincerely, peeling his eyes away from the floor as he thanked the two males seated side by side in front of him. 

Taehyung could clearly see the affects that the situation had had on the squad. Seated against the corner of the van were Daisy and Hoseok. 

Back rested against the wall, Hoseok had fallen fast asleep after being too physically exhausted. Daisy was snuggled up by his side, head comfortably rested in his chest and blanket draped over the both of them. She too was asleep, teary eyes flickered shut as her and her brave partner got some long deserved peace. 

Namjoon was still worked up over the whole incident, adrenaline levels still high as he tensed in place. Head in his hands, Tessa spoke no words as she allowed him to sought out his emotions, rubbing a gentle hand against his shoulder. 

Beside him, Jungkook was reasonably calm, body pressed against Taehyung's side. He'd come to terms with the incident, taking a moment to regain himself after literally shooting a man dead. Taehyung had managed to play his part in calming the male down, but it was now up to Daisy to asses the physical damage Jungkook had taken on from his battle. Bruised cheek, cut lip, winded stomach... it was going to take Jungkook a bit of time to recover. 

Unlike the rest of the squad, Yoongi and Jimin were both seated upfront, silent as they watched the drama settle down. After Taehyung and Jungkook had arrived, Yoongi and Jimin both made sure to return to the battle zone, interrogating anyone still conscious for any pieces of information they might of had about Jungkook. 

"I think it's about time we discussed this." Yoongi piped up, voice slightly softer then usual to prevent waking the couple soundly sleeping in the back of the van. At the sound of Yoongi's voice, Namjoon brought his head from his hands, eyes trailing over to meet the blue haired male's.

Namjoon sighed, "We should." Namjoon spoke up, "We can't dwell on what happened, we're under the clock right now."

"I agree." Tessa commented, drawing her hand away from Namjoon's shoulder as she turned her attention towards the front, "It's only a matter of time before we run into trouble again, we've gotta make up our minds on what to do next." she spoke, tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "Yoongi... what did you get out of the rebels?"