Chapter Twenty-Eight

{time waits for no one}

'Time ticks forward unto inevitable chaos.' 

It was a line Jungkook had memorised from one of his favourite anime's back in the day where he had all the time in the world. He never seemed to grasp the real meaning behind it until now, until he felt that time was completely against him. 

Hands clenched tightly by his side, Jungkook found himself freezing up at the male's words. The more anxious he became, the more pronounced became his intellectualisation of the whole situation. He rationalised and viewed the problem from different viewpoints. He gambled with countless possibilities in an attempt to force a positive outcome by his sheer brilliance of thought. There was no time to stand around and wait for a miracle, as of that very moment, Hoseok's life was at stake, Jimin's too. It wasn't just Hoseok that needed the antidote, but Jimin needed it too. The blonde haired male was still injecting it daily after his bite from an infected. 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the two men, stare ridged and cold. All he could feel was the anger boiling up inside of him as he realised that there was nothing he could possibly do in that moment. Drawing in a deep breath his burning stare only continued to grow with the male's next words, "We're bringing our van back here in two hours." the male's cocky smirk returned as he dangled the suitcase over the edge of his finger tips, "be there or your friend is as good as dead." he finished, and the two male's walked away. 

Jungkook felt as if he had been brutally cut through with a burning knife, he had never been torn apart before. Never in his life had he faced such a dilemma. It was pointless to stay with the squad if it was just going to lead to the death of two of his members. 

"JUNGKOOK, TAE!" 

The two said males quickly snapped their attention towards Yoongi's bellowing voice, the blue haired male stumbling towards them, obvious concern plastered across his face as he stood in front of them placing a hand on either one of their shoulders as he lowered his gaze, letting out a sigh of absolute relief, "Thank god you guys are okay." he breathed out. 

Ignoring the emotional atmosphere, Taehyung raised a brow, "Since when were we on friendly terms officer Min?" he spat, earning a deadly glare from Yoongi as he silently dropped his arm from Taehyung's shoulder. 

"I take that back..." Yoongi spoke, full attention diverting over towards Jungkook as he placed both his hands firmly against Jungkook's tired shoulders, "I'm glad you're okay Kook." he beamed, giving a tight lipped smile. 

Taehyung simply rolled his eyes, startling Jungkook by once again snaking a hand around his waist, supporting the male's weight. Breathing hitching in his throat Jungkook felt as if he had melted into Taehyung, like ice-cream on a warm porcelain bowl he felt he belonged next to him as their sides moulded together, walking in perfect harmony. "Let's just head back to the van." Taehyung said bluntly, avoiding eye contact with both males, "We have a lot to discuss."

---------

"WHAT!?" Yoongi screamed, landing a clenched fist against the side of the van in rage after learning that the lives of both Hoseok and Jimin were at stake. 

"So that's what's happening..." Namjoon spoke, dejectedly seated in the back of the van, head in his hands as he scrunched his hair in defeat after hearing Taehyung explain the severity of the situation. 

What followed was nothing short of painful silence. All Jungkook could hear was the delayed ticking of the clock positioned on the dashboard, and the beating of his pulse against his skin. The noise made him want to beg to god to travel back in time and warn Hoseok of his fate sooner. Jungkook felt beads of sweat beginning to form against the heated skin of his forehead, slowly mixing in with the blood that he was yet to wipe from his wounds. He felt at fault.