Chapter Twenty-One

{west}

Silence gnawed at Jungkook's insides, hanging the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shattered onto the ground. The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything! It was like the silence had paralysed them from speech or movement. 

Namjoon turned to the broken glass shattered on the bedroom floor. When he spoke, his voice trailed slowly like his words were unwilling to take flight. "S-Sorry, it's just... a surprise." he breathed. 

The storm outside had silenced making everything else seemingly loud, like the ticking of the clock that hung on the bedroom wall. Jungkook's eyes trailed over to Taehyung's seated form. His hair had fallen over his eyes as he pondered in place, not speaking a word or moving a muscle. 

Jimin simply let out a sigh, running his hand through his hair out of habit, "I'll leave you three to discuss this." he spoke, feeling that there really wasn't a reason for him to be there anymore, taking his leave. 

The door creaked shut and Taehyung decided to speak, "May I?" he asked, pointing towards Jungkook's arm. Jungkook simply nod before taking a seat on the bed, sliding up his cotton sleeve to reveal the scar. 

Taehyung pressed his lips in a thin line as he gently took a hold of Jungkook's forearm. Jungkook felt soothed as Taehyung's warm fingers ran smoothly across the indented teeth marks across his skin, trailing back and forwards as he examined every inch of his forearm. Taehyung's personality was rough, but his touch was so gentle and delicate, Jungkook couldn't prevent the heat rise to his cheeks. 

It was the first day of high school were Taehyung caught Jungkook's eye. His soft blueberry hair entangled in the wind against his perfect sun kissed skin, every feature of his was perfection. It was no wonder Jungkook had developed a small crush on him. 

Sucking in a deep breath, Taehyung rolled down Jungkook's sleeve, "That's... that's insane." he spoke in disbelief, "There's basically no explanation for this." 

Jungkook raised a brow, "so there is an explanation." he said, turning his body towards Taehyung. 

"Yeah... but it's unlikely." Taehyung said as he too turned his body towards Jungkook, knees now touching the younger male's, "The only explanation is a mutation in the brain... but a mutation like this could only be formed from experimentation? Jungkook..." Taehyung shook his head, "...how the hell are you immune?"

-------

Jimin's footsteps had the wet sound of someone walking over grass; someone who hadn't learnt to walk quietly. Each footfall was chaotically spaced from the last, no rhythm at all as he wandered aimlessly across the grass fields of camp beta. 

He refused to remain in the same room as Jungkook when the male had decided to explain his immunity. You could say Jimin felt a little envious, envious that the infection inside of him was still very much deadly. 

As the haze of grey rain clouds lifted from the sky, the stars were revealed in all their glory. The moonlight fell delicately over Jimin's porcelain like skin, making him glow in the shroud of darkness. Peering down to his wrist, Jimin sighed as he lay eyes upon his bandaged lim, wishing things had maybe worked out differently. The calming presence of the night made Jimin slowly close his eyes, his body quietly switching off as he let his soul run free, his worries and thoughts silently swallowed by the darkness. 

Jimin just couldn't sleep. After the events of the night, he found that sleep was the last thing on his mind as he strolled through the grass, eventually reaching the farm. 

Where he saw a familiar figure. 

There, illuminated by the soft moonlight was Yoongi, pale skin so beautiful in the night. Laying soundly on top of an old hay bale, Jimin noticed the slow rising and falling of his chest as his eyes roamed the night sky in fascination. 

Jimin smiled to himself, slowly walking up to the male's form, "Can't sleep?" Jimin chuckled, standing above the blue haired male. 

Yoongi frowned as the night sky was covered by Jimin's form, so without speaking a word he grabbed ahold of Jimin's unharmed wrist, causing the male to lay down beside him. Jimin fell onto the hay with a thud, shuffling into a more comfortable position so that there wasn't any hay poking his back. 

Yoongi returned his hand to behind his head, "Nah... I never sleep after crazy encounters, I just get nightmares." he sighed. Jimin nod in agreement before his eyes trailed away from Yoongi towards the night sky. 

They lay under the stars, which were like a beautiful, surreal blanket above their heads. Jimin could hear the soft breaths of Yoongi by his side as he rested against the hay. 

"There's Neptune." Jimin's gaze followed Yoongi's finger which was pointed towards the corner of the night sky. 

Jimin raised a brow, "How can you tell?." he spoke, eyes not leaving the sight. 

Yoongi's dark chocolate eyes then fell from the sky to him, "I just know."

At that moment, everything seemed to be at a state of tranquility. An unsolved puzzle felt completely alluring to Jimin, as if he needed to go out of his way to find all the other pieces. 

Yoongi was a mystery, a puzzle that Jimin wished to solve. 

Eye's trailing back towards the sky, Yoongi wished to feel more connected to those far away stars, perhaps sensing the fragility of Earth all the more. To him, the night was a pulled back curtain, a window to the universe beyond. 

Smiling up at the night sky, Yoongi began to shiver as a brush of cold wind flowed through the valley, tormenting him in his flimsy cotton shirt. He had changed into one of Hoseok's spare outfits in the back of the van, all the jumpers had been taken so he made use of a spare shirt. 

Taking notice in the shivering male beside him, Jimin sat up, brushing the hay off his back as he removed his wool jacket from around him. Yoongi opened his mouth to protest but paused as Jimin lay back down, 

sprawling the jacket over the both of them. 

----------

{Author Note}

This is so cute xox

(unedited)