Chapter Seventeen

{defenceless}

"... WHAT THE FUCK!?" Jungkook bellowed, standing idly in the downpour as the rain soaked further into his hoodie. There was no way it could be his Kim Taehyung. It just wouldn't be logical? Would it?

Shaking off his lingering thoughts, Jungkook pushed off on his feet, sending himself into a sprint as he made his way quickly to the entrance of camp beta. Small droplets of water were pricking at his skin as he battled against the water falling from the sky. 

Jungkook couldn't hear his own footsteps over the rain. He was so completely wet and numb that he didn't feel the splashing of water against his legs or the wind that blew so hard against him. His sights passed in a blur as he reached the fence of camp Beta, squinting his eyes to make out the figures in the dark. 

Yoongi was first to approach Jungkook, hand over his forehead in an attempt to see through the rain, "Hoseok and Jimin are ready," Yoongi held up a gun, "and so am I. What are your final orders?" he spoke.

Jungkook could tell from the pure determination on Yoongi's face that he was prepared for what was to come. And Jungkook was confident, confident that this time Yoongi could show off his full potential. It had taken a couple of days, but Yoongi was no longer skin and bones. He was slowly managing to regain himself, and Jungkook was glad. 

Jungkook sucked in his breath, "We're climbing over." he spoke, beginning to explain the plan to Yoongi, "Namjoon instructed us to not open the gates, it poses as a great safety risk." he explained. If they were to leave the gates open and fail to close them in time, the camp was toast. "I want Hoseok positioned on-top of the fence. You and Jimin can climb over with me." 

Yoongi simply nod in approval, "understood." he spoke before pivoting on his feet, dashing to Hoseok and Jimin's side to explain the situation. 

It was no longer twilight. They were all swallowed in such blackness that they could barely even see a hand in front of their face, let alone a sodden foot on a path. In the deprivation of light Jungkook found his skin all the more sensitive to the freezing rain. It ran down his face in a stream to drip from his jaw that was clenched tight to prevent the chattering of his teeth. 

Slipping a hand into his pocket, Jungkook brought out his emergency flashlight, clicking down on the metal button to switch on the torch. The light was nothing but a smudge through the rain, but it proved to be effective when he caught sight of his squad positioned by the fence and ready to go. 

Luckily for them, the fence was built with vertical beams of wood, supported by horizontal beams that were just as thick. Making his way to the fence Jungkook calmed his nerves, "Lets do this as quick as possible... I don't want any casualties." he spoke. 

Jimin nod, slipping out his twin pair of knifes from his back pocket and positioning them by his sides. Yoongi clicked the safety off his gun, also checking his belt to ensure that the rest of his weapons were on hand. Hoseok swept his rain-washed hair back, slinging his bow over his shoulder in preparation to climb the fence. 

"Let's just get this over with." Yoongi huffed, placing a foot up on the first beam of the fence, pushing off his foot to grab ahold of a higher beam. 

The four males began to successfully climb the wooden fence, swinging their legs over the top. While Hoseok remained in position, Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook all jumped down, water splashing up underneath them as their feet hit the ground with a thud. 

Jungkook ignored the rain trickling over his lashes as he flickered the torchlight in front of him, "No signs of the horde yet," Jungkook called through the rain. He lifted a finger to point towards the silhouette of a van in front of the gate, "But we've gotta get anyone in that van over the fence asap." he ordered. 

"Got it." Jimin and Yoongi spoke. 

All seemed to have been going well until a noise cut through the hammering of the rain. The snapping of twigs and crunch of gravel suggested movement coming from the trees around them. Jungkook's breathing hitched in his throat as he heard an all too familiar groan escape from the forest, the shuffling of bodies becoming louder with each passing second. 

"SHIT!" Jimin called, spinning his knifes out in front of him as he turned to face the forest. "Jungkook, you go on ahead!" Jimin called, "Yoongi and I will handle things here." he explained confidently. Though Jungkook didn't fail to notice the hint of fear in his voice. 

Extending his arms in front of him, Yoongi clenched his two handguns tightly in his grasp. The rain had begun to lessen but trickles of water were still flowing down Yoongi's porcelain like skin. His clothing was so extremely soaked that it stuck itself to Yoongi's form, leaving no protection from the wind as it ripped through the trees in front of him. 

Steadying his breathing, Yoongi watched as a silhouette stumbled out of the forest accompanied by a low moan of hunger and murderous intent. It walked with a limp and a hunch, staggering its way closer and closer towards the three males. Yoongi aimed with absolute precision, resting his finger against the trigger before pulling it back. A loud bang! was heard before the figure dropped dead on the forest floor. 

"Now Jungkook!" Yoongi called, eyes not leaving the forest as more of the undead began to emerge. 

Without wasting a second of time, Jungkook turned on his feet, combat boots pounding against the muddy ground as he sped his way to the van parked outside the gates. With no time to loose Jungkook began pounding on the side door, "OPEN UP! WE'RE FROM CAMP BETA!" Jungkook shout, making himself heard over the chaos. 

Within seconds, the van door slid open. 

And Jungkook's jaw dropped. 

There, standing shell shocked at the door was Kim Taehyung. 

His Kim Taehyung. 

His hair was no longer its famous bubble gum blue, but brown, rich and dark like mahogany. His dark eyes were large and bold, framed with thick lashes as he paused to stare at Jungkook. Everything about Taehyung was symmetrical, most obviously his face, but it extended down to the way he held his body against the door, oversized white scientist coat draped over him.  

Jungkook had never seen Taehyung so 'nice' looking before. He usually had cuts and bruises from street fights, crazy coloured hair and wore nothing but a frown and a hard glare on his face. 

Taehyung lent forwards, squinting to make out Jungkook's figure in the dark

His eyes widened, 

"What. the. HECK!?"

-------------

{Author Note}

Short chapter today, 

Update tomorrow x

(unedited)