Chapter Twenty-Nine

{wanted}

"Bring it." Jungkook spat, a pair of twin handguns gripped tightly in his grasp as he rose them defensively towards the group of rebels positioned in front of him. As his eyes wandered over the crowd, Jungkook began to count the men. His outstretched hands felt the warmth of the sun, bringing him a feeling of steady determination. Jungkook's heart wished to leave, yet duty called. For once he was completely protecting his squad, it was time for confidence, time to fight for others as he wished others would fight for him. 

There was a stillness on both sides. If hatred was visible the air would have been scarlet. Then suddenly movement. Rebels would attack as a mob, everyone wanted exactly what they wanted and force was the accepted method. Not Jungkook though. He swore he would rather go down free and fighting then be apart of any sick rebel group. With fierce piercing eyes, Jungkook aimed his weapons, breathing hitching in his throat as he simultaneously pulled down on the triggers. 

Cutting through the air like a knife, the two bullets were quick to painfully lodge themselves in two men's legs, sending them straight to the floor in pain. Jungkook hated to admit it, but he couldn't kill a person. No matter how terrible or vile a human could be, he found it absolutely sickening to shoot a living, breathing creature. So wherever he could, he used his fists instead. 

A tall and built man quickly approached Jungkook from behind the crowd, a murderous intent as he rose an arm. Jungkook dodged his fist and came up with his own; for a brief instant, his empty brown eyes widened before he managed to tilt his head back and slam it into Jungkook's. Stars burst in Jungkook's vision before he was quick to shake it off, blindly throwing a kick. 

"Is that all you've got?" The male crowed, stepping back as his fists rose once again. Jungkook growled, shaking his hair from his eyes before throwing himself at the man, changing direction last minute. His blood hummed in his veins as his determination and anger took over. With his own two hands, Jungkook grasped the man's head in his hands, bringing his knee cap up to his nose. There was a blunt crack before Jungkook released his head. Crimson leaked from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted right. Slipping out his gun from his side pocket, Jungkook aimed the metal, flinching as he fired once into the mans shin, leaving him to fall to the floor. 

Blood on his knuckles and a bruise on his right cheek, Jungkook found himself ploughing through the rest of the group, taking most of them out with just his bare hands. Beads of sweat began to form against his heated skin, and he began to feel worn out in his oversized hoodie he so desperately wanted to take off. But there was no breaks in the fight, no time to let his guard down. 

A solid upper cut to the jaw sent the final man to the ground. Running a hand through his hair, Jungkook found himself panting, soon bending over with his hands placed firmly against his knees in his desperate attempt to catch his breath. It had been a mere hour or two since the car crash and Jungkook's body was in no state to be over exhausting himself. 

"I..." Jungkook began to speak, breathing ragged as he chocked on his own words, "...win." he breathed, slowly straightening himself up as his eyes flickered to the so called 'leader' of the rebel group. It took him a moment to register the male before he noticed a sinister smirk plastered over the male's lips. 

And that's when it hit him,

Literally.

With a drawn back hand, Jungkook's breath lost him as a tight fist ploughed straight into his stomach, like hitting a train straight on. His guts smashed together, blood vessels bursting as he doubled over in pain, catching himself with one hand before he fell to his knees. Jungkook let out a lace of curses as he gasped for air, trying desperately to regain himself after being completely winded. With time not on his side, Jungkook chocked out a breath of defeat when a shadow was cast upon him, the man raising his fist once again. Jungkook tightly closed his eyes, waiting for the oncoming pain...

but something else arrived instead. 

"MOTHERFUCKER!" Jungkook heard, barely managing to lift his eyes to catch a glimpse of the male standing over him. 

In all his glory,

Kim. freaking. Taehyung. 

No sooner then he had arrived, Taehyung gripped a baseball bat tightly in his hands, swinging it behind him. With fiery eyes, and an expression of absolute rage, Taehyung swung the bat across his form, hitting the male dead straight in the head, sending him to the hard concrete floor, "thats what you deserve for being such a sicko." Taehyung spat, paying no attention to Jungkook as he raised the bat once again, pointing the wooden object at the leader. "Give me my case or I'll kill you."

Well that was rather blunt. 

Regaining his composure and finding his breath once again, Jungkook stumbled to his feet, hand clenched tightly over his abdomen as he tried to suppress the burning pain churning inside of him. He made a mental note to have Daisy check it out later. 

Once Jungkook was standing firmly on his feet, he too stood before the leader demanding the antidote alongside Taehyung. 

As the silence prolonged, Jungkook could tell Taehyung was beginning to grow impatient, baseball bat hauled over his shoulder as his eyes pierced through his soft brunette bangs, falling slightly over his line of sight, "Helloooo?" Taehyung trailed, annoyance evident in his tone of voice, "I'm talking to you." Taehyung began to speak, "I know you've been given information about our runaway group. We're wanted people so I don't blame you for coming after us, but Jungkook's taken down your men... we've won." he spoke, taking a single step forwards against the cracked concrete cement. 

A cold gust of wind weaved it's way throughout the city skyscrapers, "Are you sure about that?" the male crowed. Jungkook swore he felt sick to the stomach as the familiar clicking sound of a gun was faintly heard from the leader, hand casually in his pocket. He wasn't going to be too late to notice this time, not a chance. 

As the leader began to draw out his gun, raising it towards the scientist charging towards him, Jungkook did the exact same. Drawing his hand gun steadily by his side, Jungkook raised the metal weapon, narrowing his eyes as he aimed with as much precision as humanly possible. In mere seconds, Jungkook pressed down on the trigger, not giving the leader a seconds notice before the bullet left the barrel, circling through the air almost as fast as light as it shot straight through skin and bone. Straight through the leaders skull. Jungkook watched as the male fell to the ground in what seemed to be slow motion, blood pooling around him as he lay there idle. 

What had he done?

Chocking on his breath, Jungkook stumbled backwards dropping his gun with a shaking hand as his eyes remained glued to the corpse he had created, "what... what did I just do?" he spoke, voice shaky as his breathing became irregular. He couldn't force himself to move, to leave the scene, he felt guilty. He had just committed murder. 

Breathing becoming ragged, chest rising and falling and an abnormal pace, Jungkook found himself raising a hand to his chest, clenching the material of his hoodie between his fingers as he tried to calm himself. Nothing was helping, nothing was working. He couldn't breathe. Continuing to stand there in his state of shock, Jungkook was surprised when a figure stood closely in front of him, placing a firm hand on his shoulder before tugging him into his arms, gently rubbing his back. 

"Breathe.... just breathe." Taehyung spoke. 

His words were so comforting, tone softer and more gentle then usual as his words rolled of his tongue like rich honey. Despite the pain in his stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of his body pressed against his. Jungkook found himself sinking into Taehyung's hold, a simple gesture as he regained his composure. 

Jungkook heard Taehyung chuckle, 

"Now let's go grab my suitcase."

-----------

{Author Note}

Damn... I need to get back into my regular update schedule. 

Update soon xox

(unedited)