Chapter Nine

{Double Blade}

The wind was always so frigid after sunset. The cotton short that had hung so limply on Jungkook's form was now the only separation between his skin and the creeping midnight chill. The sky was barren and dark with not a star shinning through the trees. The moon was dim and cold, nothing stirred and nothing spoke. Only the howls of wolves and their rancid breaths cut through the still air. 

Hoseok and Jungkook were on high alert, weapons drawn by their sides for safety. Hoseok slipped his hand into the pocket of his jeans, slipping out a flashlight and clicking it on to get a better visual. They had been walking for about 20 minutes and Hoseok had a strong feeling they were closing in on their target location. 

Jungkook was stopped by Hoseok's outstretched arm as the male motioned for the brunette to be quite, "There," Hoseok simply stated, removing his arm from Jungkook's chest and pointing at the object in the distance. 

The road was midnight under the canopy of clouds covering the sky, so making out anything was hard for Jungkook. Narrowing his eyes, he began to recognise the outlines of cars. 

Thank God. 

Hoseok motioned for Jungkook to follow closely behind him, bow drawn in front of him, ready to fire at the slightest bit of movement. Usually the navigator remained in the van whilst the rest of the squad did the dirty work. But due to circumstances, Hoseok was forced straight out of his comfort zone and into the zombie's territory. 

As soon as the two males approached the first car, Hoseok slung his bow back over his shoulder. Using his elbow, Hoseok smashed the front window of the car, wincing as the glass caught on a bit of his skin. Reaching a hand through the window, Hoseok unlocked the car, popping the bonnet. 

"There's sure to be a fuel can in at least one of the car boots around here." Hoseok spoke quietly, lifting the front bonnet of the car to take a look at the engine, "See if you can find one." Usually Jungkook was the one to order people around, but seeing as he wasn't in a comfortable position, he easily obliged to Hoseok's command. 

Slipping the gun out of his waist pocket, Jungkook began to make his way car to car. Thankfully most of the cars were rusted so accessing them was pretty easy. 

Jungkook's steps echoed along the soil ground, moonlight reflecting off the rain wet tar. He found himself walking in front of a van, an abandoned squad van by the looks of it. The sides were speckled in blood, windows shattered from all sides. It was certainly a sight to see. 

Jungkook made his way quietly to the back of the van placing his gun back in his pocket as he made it to the back doors. Wrapping both his hands around the cool metal handles Jungkook let out a grunt, tugging the doors open to reveal the contents inside. It was hard to make out at first, but once Jungkook's eyes had adjusted, it was like a murder scene. 

Blood was smeared out on to the floor of the van, objects knocked off shelves and weapons laying idol on the floor. There had been a struggle for sure. 

Covering his mouth from the stench, Jungkook took a hesitant step into the van eyes immidently falling upon two corpses laying by the front seat. They were almost devoid of skin, ligaments torn from their bodies. 

Jungkook turned away as his stomach heaved, this wasn't a human act, this was an act done by the walking dead. It was recent too. The flesh hadn't begun to rot, so it would have happened within the last 24 hours for sure. 

Slowly regaining his composure, Jungkook turned back towards the corpses, crouching down besides the one nearest to the drivers seat. The zombies had killed him before he could even turn, so he didn't have to be careful about getting bitten. 

Jungkook found his eyes scanning over the man's body for anything useful, picking up a couple of hand guns on the way. Jungkook soon however found the atmosphere turned cold when his gaze fell upon the man's watch. 

It was currently 9:03pm...

His watch had been broken at the time of 8:47pm. 

Jungkook let out a lace of curses as he quickly finished grabbing any supplies he could gather, shoving them into his backpack and swinging it over his shoulder. Taking a hold of two hand guns, Jungkook found himself bolting out of the back of the van, not caring how much noise he was making as he dashed towards Hoseok. 

Cold air biting into his lungs, adrenaline flooding through his veins, Jungkook skid his way in front of the car, startling the orange haired male. 

"Hey, Kook. I found a fuel can so I got the fuel we ne-"

"No time for that!" Jungkook whisper yelled, taking a hold of Hoseok's wrist as he dragged the clueless male along behind him. 

Before Jungkook could even begin explaining the situation to him, he felt Hoseok give a violent tug at his wrist. Letting out a gasp, Jungkook found himself fall to the floor, almost hitting his stab wound against the concrete. 

"HOSEOK! Don't do that!"

"Shh!" Hoseok gestured, silencing the fuming male beside him. Hoseok had pulled Jungkook down behind a turned over car, bow and arrow in his hand. 

Jungkook found himself slowly getting on his knees, peering around the side of the metal. 

His breathing hitched in his throat, eyes going wide. 

Oh God no-

"It's a horde."

-----

{Author Note}

Sorry for the late update!

Update tomorrow ;)

(unedited)