Chapter Six

{Solo}

There's a word I'll be using a lot in this fic so I'll give you the definition here;

Quiver: The container used to hold arrows. It can be carried on an archer's body or the bow depending on the archers shooting style.  

----

The tires made their monotonous hiss over the rain-washed highway as they drove towards camp Beta. All around, through the tinted windows of the van were overbearing trees, lush greens of the forest fading into orange with the oncoming autumn weather. 

Hoseok had decided to let Jungkook sit upfront. He needed to keep his stab wound as clean as possible, so it was safer for Jungkook to be buckled up front and safe. The brunette male brought a finger to the glass as he traced the water droplets running slowly down the window. Jungkook liked the rain, as long as he was inside of course. 

A loud yawn could be heard from the back of the van as Hoseok began to stretch his arms above his head. He had just woken up from his long deserved sleep after he had given Daisy the driving instructions for the next hour. Hoseok had to make sure he was well rested because as the teams offical navigator, he had to be awake at all times. 

The navigator had a bigger role then thought out to be. 

After the apocalypse broke out, new positions of leadership and authority came to surface. Instead of normal roles such as teachers, political leaders and designers, more suited roles were needed. People began to build teams, or 'squads' for upmost safety outside the walls of camps. 

The main roles consisted of; a leader, close combat expert, shooter, medical specialist, explosive specialist, mechanic and a navigator. Although the navigator may have seemed to be of little importance, without a navigator you were basically screwed. 

Navigators were in-charge of a number of things, not just getting a team from place A to B:

They were in charge of mapping out the terrain to determine whether or not a vehicle could pass through a certain area, or if they have to make it by foot. This also determined the likelihood of encountering a horde, as relatively dense areas with a lot of flat surfaces proved to be more dangerous then steeper, rugged terrains. 

They were also in charge of pulling their squad out of a dangerous situation as quickly as possible. If a horde was approaching them it was up to the navigator to give them the best possible escape route for survival. 

So saying it once more,

Without a navigator they were screwed. 

Hoseok rubbed the sleep from his tired eyes as he stumbled to his feet, ruffling his messed up hair as he made his way to the corner of the van. Moving a few things aside, Hoseok picked up a case full of new arrows, ready to be carried for his bow. 

Jungkook's eyes widened at the sight of so many arrows, "Hoseok," Jungkook spoke, catching the orange haired male's attention as he began to unpack the arrows from the box, "Where did you get all those arrows?" Jungkook asked, 

Hoseok simply smiled as he grabbed his quiver, slipping the arrows into the leather holder, "Take a closer look at the arrows." Hoseok spoke, not pausing in his work. 

Jungkook twisted his legs around to the side of the front seat to get a better view of the arrows Hoseok was handling in the back of the van. Scanning the arrows that still remained in the box, Jungkook realised that all of them were of different size, shape and quality, "They're all different?" Jungkook spoke,