Chapter Thirty-Four

/DOUBLE UPDATE! MAKE SURE YOU READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS!/

{don't look down}

The clickers were blind, eyes completely destroyed by the Cordyceps. Their twisted and turned feet dragged over the creaking floorboards as they staggered into the room using only their ears and echolocation as a means for guidance. As bodies of rotting flesh entered through the doorway, Yoongi took a tight hold of Jimin's wrist, tugging the younger male behind a nearby desk and away from the window. Before Jimin could protest, Yoongi slapped a hand over the male's mouth, shutting him up before gesturing to the creatures over the desk. Peering over the wood, Jimin's eyes went wide at the sight, body freezing up in fright. Once Yoongi had allowed Jimin to soak up the situation, he lowered his hand from the male's mouth. 

Yoongi remembered Taehyung's lecture from just before they had entered the city. He had warned Yoongi that clickers were extremely good at echolocation, being able to pick up even the slightest of footsteps. And it certainly wasn't helping that the floorboards below them made a ruckus with every steady step they took. 

Silently cursing to himself, Yoongi's eyes began to scan the floor, gaze landing over a glass bottle Jimin had kicked out of anger a mere few minutes ago. Slowly reaching out an arm, Yoongi took the glass bottle into his hand, peering ever so slightly over the desk. Closing his eyes and letting out a breath of air, Yoongi momentarily calmed himself, putting himself at ease before his eyes snapped open once again. And in one swift movement, Yoongi drew back his inked arm, sending it forwards as he threw the glass bottle to the far side of the room, away from the window and their only means of escape. 

The clickers halted when the glass shattered against the wall and Jimin swore he could hear the bones in their stiffened necks crack as they turned their monstrous heads. Then with a snapping of their jaws and a clicking from their throats, they lurched in the opposite direction. Without wasting a second of time, Yoongi took Jimin's hand in his own, pulling the male to his feet as they began to creep back over to the window cill, so close, yet so far as the clickers roamed through the close shadows. 

Jimin took each step with absolute caution, biting down hard on his lip to the point where blood was drawn, a metallic taste filling his mouth. They were a mere few metres away from the window before another large gust of wind channeled itself into the room. Yoongi and Jimin found themselves letting go of each other as they wrapped their arms around themselves for warmth. The cold was beginning to prick at Yoongi's pale skin as he turned behind him, blue hair becoming a tousled mess in the wind. 

Jimin noticed Yoongi's eyes go wide, a small gasp escaping his lip as his eyes landed on the sight behind Jimin. 

And that's when Jimin heard it. 

The air was suddenly rent by the sound of breaking glass, grabbing Jimin's upmost attention as his heart began to accelerate faster. Snapping his head to the sound, Jimin noticed a bottle had fallen from the table in the wind. It was almost as if Jimin couldn't process the situation, eyes glued to the bottle on the floor as the clickers snapped their heads towards both Jimin and Yoongi in unison. The glass shone almost bluish in the soft moonlight that filtered through the windows as Jimin turned his entire body to the sight before him. 

The clicker's deformed bodies emerged from the shadowed corner, limbs sticking out and odd angles as they snapped their heads in the sound of the shattering glass. With a horrifying screech, their bodies fell into attack mode, sprinting towards the two terrified males. 

"Fuck it!" Jimin shout, spinning his blade in-between his fingers before throwing it directly towards the first clicker. The blade shot straight into the clicker's deformed head, velocity breaking through the skin and sending it to the floor with a thud. With the sheer amount of clickers darting towards them, there was no way they could escape without taking some of them down first.