Chapter Eighteen

{reckless}

"What. the. HECK!?" Taehyung called, running a hand through his fluffy brunette hair as he stared down at Jungkook in utter confusion. He was standing at the door of the van, clothing drenched, hair matted to his forehead as small droplets of water trickled down his heated skin. Jungkook was at a loss for words. This wasn't the Kim Taehyung he remembered all so well. It was like the male's personality did a one-eighty. Gand leader to compassionate scientist? Yeah- Jungkook didn't buy it.  

"You're that guy from class!" Taehyung called, pointing a finger in Jungkook's face, "You're- you're the dude who sat behind me! Right?" he finished. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, landing a hand on his face in complete disappointment. "I don't know whether I should feel offended or not about the fact that you don't remember my name." he scoffed, shaking a hand through his hair in an attempt to shake off the water. 

Taehyung smirked, crossing his arms over his body as he lent smugly against the door "Well its not like I needed too." he spoke, looking down on the now frowning Jungkook. 

Jungkook found himself clenching his fists in frustration. Yes Kim Taehyung was hot, but he was also a rough guy to deal with, "I'll have you know-"

Taehyung's eyes widened, "HEADS!" 

Without question, Jungkook found himself ducking, arms protectively wrapping over his head as he quickly crouched in place. Taehyung grabbed his metallic suitcase, swinging it with great force over Jungkook's head. Jungkook flinched when he heard the crack of flesh and bones behind him before a thud was heard, the zombie collapsing to the ground. Jungkook slowly lowered his hands from his head before his eyes trailed up to meet Taehyung's,

"Few, that was a close one." The scientist sighed, swinging his metallic suitcase over his shoulder. Jungkook didn't fail to notice the blood now dripping from its corner. "We've gotta get out of here." Taehyung spoke, "The horde's closing in."

Taehyung was right. With each second they played 'catch up' the horde was advancing further and further towards them. Even with a skilled close combat specialist and a professional gunman on the front lines, the horde would still do damage. 

Jungkook slipped his gun from his belt, holding it by his side as he turned to the male in front of him, "Are you the only one?" he questioned. 

Taehyung's shoulders sunk, "Sadly... my squad left me when they heard the horde." he explained, eyes trailing to the floor, "I needed to deliver this so I stayed" he spoke, raising his head and lifting the metal suitcase in his hand. 

Jungkook gave a nod of understanding. That must be the temporary antidote. 

Running a hand through his rain-washed hair, Jungkook gripped tightly onto his gun, "No time for chit chat, grab a weapon"

Taehyung bit down on his lip, a lock of brunette hair falling over his eyes, "My squad took all the weapons."

Jungkook rolled his eyes in frustration, "Uhhh... use the suitcase?"

Taehyung's eyes flickered down to the suitcase in his hand. It proved to be quite useful in taking out the walker that had crept up behind Jungkook, so Taehyung shrugged and nod in agreement. 

Jungkook clicked back the barrel of his gun, raising it higher by his side in defence. A cold chill ran down his spine as his clothing weighed him down in the rain. Taehyung was hesitant at first, but let out a tired sigh, stepping down from the van. His sneakers quickly hit the muddy ground, rainwater running over his hair and drizzling down his face as he was eloped by the rain storm outside. The wind blew hurriedly through the trees sending a gust of cold wind across his form, tormenting him in his flimsy shirt and science coat. All he could do was wrap his arms tightly around himself in a desperate attempt to stay warm. 

The two males broke out into a sprint, dashing back towards both Yoongi and Jimin as fast as their legs could carry them. Jungkook squinted his eyes to make out the figures in the distance, trudging through the rain to reach his squad. 

"YOONGI! JIMIN!" Jungkook called, gaining the attention of the two males. 

Yoongi whipped his head around in Jungkook's direction, eyes widening at the male scurrying along behind him. Yoongi's brain stuttered for a moment as his eyes took in the sight before him, every part of him going on pause. After a wash of cold he took a step around towards Jungkook.

"Taehyung?" Yoongi spoke, uncertainty laced through his voice as he lowered his weapons by his side. 

It seemed that Taehyung had also taken note of the blue haired male's appearance, scanning him up and down, "Officer Min?" Taehyung spoke, jaw slack at the male standing before him. The brunette was quick however to regain his composure, a smirk landing itself on his face, "I see you took on my advice on day zero." he grinned devilishly, taking a step towards Yoongi, placing a finger against his chest, "Your still alive... unfortunately." 

Yoongi's blood began to boil, his eyes narrowing into a lethal stare, painful and piercing. Jungkook seemed to notice the blue haired male's deadly gaze, quickly stepping in-between the two males.  

"look..." Jungkook huffed, "I don't know what your problem is with each other, but we've got bigger problems on our hands right now." he spoke, gesturing towards the horde in front of them. 

The horde wasn't coming all at once, but rather in small waves. Tattered clothing, torn flesh and exposed bone the creatures were coming slowly out of the forest, staggering on their broken bones towards them. Jimin was still putting up a decent fight, knifes spun by his side as he swung himself at the oncoming horde. Hoseok was lending a hand too, arrows raining down from above taking out any runners before they could reach Jimin's side. 

Jungkook pointed towards the fence beside him, "We have to make it over, but we need time." he explained, gnawing the inside of his cheek as he came to the realisation that it would be a struggle to escape the danger, "We need time for everyone to climb over without being caught up in the horde's attack." 

"Jungkook's right!" Hoseok called from on top of the fence, string of his wooden bow drawn back to his cheek before he released an arrow straight into a runner's head. "You lot need to get up here ASAP! There's a bigger wave of runners approaching." he explained, running a hand through his hair, 

"And we won't stand a chance."

------------

{Author Note}

Sorry for the short chapter today, I've been super busy lately and have been rushing to update this story. My schedule is clear from tomorrow onwards though so I'll be back to writing my longer daily chapters!

Update tomorrow x

(unedited)