nine

•••

•••

It had been almost two weeks since the battle had taken place. Ellie, Bucky, Steve and Sam had now left Wakanda and were currently on their way to a safe house about 45 minutes away from New York, that Natasha had found for them.

"We're here." Bucky told Ellie as he shook her awake. She sat up from where she was in the back of the car that they had been given by Natasha.

"Still don't get why Sam gets to go in the front." Ellie complained as they pulled onto a drive way.

"Because I'm better than you." Sam remarked.

"I was shot 9 times, you don't think I deserve leg room?" Ellie exclaimed dramatically.

"Oh really? You're pulling that card?"

"How about I shoot you Wilson and then I'll see how you hold up." Bucky replied.

"What even is this place?" Ellie asked Steve as Bucky helped her out of the car.

"Not sure, Nat didn't say anything about who owned it, just that its a friend of friends. But apparently we can trust them." Steve said as he walked up the drive, with Sam by his side.

"You ok?" Bucky asked Ellie as she shifted uncomfortably, whilst Steve knocked on the door, she nodded.

"It's just, I've got a weird feeling about-"

Ellie stopped halfway through her sentence her moth dropping.

"Eliana?" The man who opened the door asked his face full of shock.

"Jack." She barely whispered.

"Ellie who is this?" Steve asked as the two continued to stare at each other.

"He's her brother." Bucky muttered as he pieced it together, Steve and Sam glanced back at her and she nodded letting them know it was true.

"Come in." Jack told them with a small smile. Steve and Sam walked in thanking him for letting them stay.

"Jack?" A woman asked walking out of the kitchen, a baby in her arms.

"This is my wife, Melissa." He introduced.

"I'm Steve, that's Sam, Bucky and well, apparently you already know Ellie." Steve said awkwardly.

"Ellie?" Melissa asked as she saw her.

"Hey Mel." Ellie said timidly as Melissa passed the baby to her husband and walked over to hug her.

"How've you been?" Melissa said as she embraced the younger girl.

"I've been alright, you've obviously been busy." Ellie laughed referring to the baby.

"That's Lucy Ellie Ward." Melissa told her.