thirty four

•••

•••

Ellie sat in the Avengers Compound, watching anxiously as Bruce fiddled with the buttons on the panel. She couldn't quite get over how weird Bruce looked with himself and the hulk mixed into one, she honestly found it quite funny. Scott was in his Ant-Man suit, stood in front of his van, with the back doors open to show the entrance to the Quantum Tunnel. Nat and Steve stood beside Bruce chatting quietly about the events that were about to take place.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing." Bruce exclaimed, trying to mask the anxiety in his voice with fake excitement and an over enthusiastic smile.

Scott opened the portal as Steve made some final checks of the machine, "Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby."

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950's." Scott, Natasha, Steve and Ellie gave Bruce a panicked look which he basically ignored, continuing to press buttons and flip switches.

"Excuse me?" Scott raised his eyebrows anxiously, his eyes widening in fear.

"He's kidding." Natasha laughed awkwardly waving her hand dismissively, before lowering her voice and speaking in a hushed tone to Bruce, "You can't say things like that!"

"Just... It was a bad joke." The green giant shrugged.

"You were kidding, right?" Ellie confirmed nervously, giving him a pointed look.

Bruce whispered to Ellie, "I have no idea! We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it." Bruce then spoke louder, holding his thumbs at Scott, "We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." The Ant man nodded unconvincingly.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve announced encouragingly, earning a sideways glance from Ellie.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott confirmed with a proud smile.

"On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!"

Bruce pressed a button that Ellie honestly wasn't sure what it did, but she knew it worked as Scott disappeared into the Quantum Tunnel. 5 seconds later, Bruce pressed a button, and someone in the Ant-man suit comes back, but it definitely wasn't Scott.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right." Teenage Scott told them nervously, Ellie's jaw was almost on the floor as she stared at the teenager.

"What is this?" Steve asked impatiently, his eyes wide in shock.

"What's going on?" Ellie questioned looking at her friends.

"That...who is that?" Natasha pointed at the boy.

Bruce pushed another couple of buttons in panic, trying to fix the problem. "Hold on."

"Is that Scott?" Ellie tilted her head in confusion.

"Yes, it's Scott!" The teenager exclaimed.

Teen Scott was then sucked in back into the quantum tunnel, and another figure came out, however this time it was an old man.

"Ow! My back!" He groaned.

"Seriously what's happening?" Steve demanded, throwing his hands in the air.

"Can I get a little space here?" The big green man waved his hand away from his body.

"Yeah yeah." Steve practically ignored him. "Can you bring him back?"

"I'm working on it!" Bruce shouted, tapping the side of the button pad and trying to pull back Scott.

After a moment, another person appeared in front of them, making Ellie jump once again, only this time, it's a baby in the Ant-Man suit.

"It's a baby." Ellie muttered obviously to Natasha who rolled her eyes and nudged her friend.

"It's Scott." Bruce shrugged enthusiastically.

"As a baby!" Steve argued quickly.

"He'll grow." Ellie pointed out unhelpfully, earning a glare from Steve and Natasha, to which she held her hands up in defence.

"Bring Scott back!"

Bruce motioned to Nat to pull the big lever, "When I say kill the power, kill the power."

"Oh my god." Natasha muttered nervously, rapidly walking over to the generator.

"And... Kill it!"

Natasha pulled down the lever, and the machine shut down with a loud noise. A final person came out of the quantum tunnel, and luckily it was the Scott they were used to.

"Somebody peed my pants." He grumbled, looking down at the floor.

"Oh thank god." Natasha breathed out, placing a hand on Ellie's arm with a sigh.

"But I don't know if it was, baby me or old me...Or just me, me."

Bruce held up his his hands in a dramatic way and shouted, "Time travel!"

Steve said nothing to this, he simply shook his head and walked away, with Ellie by his side.

- - -

Ellie and Steve sat outside of the Avengers Compound, the blonde staring at the floor, and Ellie deep in thought. The only possibility of victory was now not an opportunity. Ellie looked up as a deafening noise broke the floor peaceful silence in the distance, she saw Tony's familiar Audi R8 speeding towards the entrance. The car pulled over to Cap, but went a bit too far, then reversed to Steve making Ellie laugh slightly. Tony rolled down the window and look up at Cap and Ellie over his sunglasses.

"Why the long face?" The Barnes woman rolled her eyes as he continued, "Let me guess: He turned into a baby."

"Among other things, yeah." Eliana sighed, placing her hand on her hip.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked as Tony got out of the car and walked around to the back.

Tong ignored Steve's question and kept talking "That's the EPR paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time."

"We pushed time through Lang." Ellie finished for him as she realised what they had done. Tony nodded, pointing her finger at her, signalising that she was correct.

"It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody shoulda cautioned you against it." He commented smugly.

"You did." Steve muttered bitterly.

"Oh, did I?" Tony tilted his head to the side with a smirk, acting like he didn't. "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He held up his right hand, that had a small device on it. "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace." He shrugged making a peace sign with his fingers.

"Oh god." Ellie groaned, "I'll leave you two to flirt whilst I go with Natasha and pick up my children. After that we're going to head to Tokyo, try and find Clint."

Tony laughed and Steve rolled his eyes as Ellie walked back through the automatic front doors of the compound, her heels clicking on the ground as she did.

"Tony I'm dropping my children off with your wife for a few days, I feel like shits about to get real." She called, turning to face them.

"She's already expecting them."

"You're the best."

"I know."

"Conceited." Ellie coughed out making tony laugh.

"You know you love it."

- - -

1151 words xx