seventeen

•••

•••

Around an hour had passed and Ellie had left Harry with Natasha whilst she decided to tidy the house. She went upstairs into their bedroom, cautiously opening the door before slowly stepping inside.

She picked up the gun that had fallen to the floor, placing it back under her husbands pillow before making the bed, even though it was only 5am. She walked over to the chest of drawers, picking up a photo frame off the floor and holding it in her hands. It was a picture of Bucky holding Harry just a couple of hours after he was born, Ellie smiled slightly at one of her happiest memories before placing the frame back on the top.

Surprisingly the house wasn't too much of a mess, the only problems Ellie couldn't fix were the bullet holes in her bedroom wall and living room ceiling.

She sighed as she heard Harry start to cry from downstairs signalising that he was hungry, she walked down the stairs through her lounge, glancing down at Bucky who was beginning to stir from where Sam had tied him to the stair case, which he enjoyed very much. She had picked up the shards of glass from the floor and had cleaned the wound on his head.

Natasha was rocking Harry, whilst she was talking quietly with Steve and Sam.

"He's waking up." She muttered, Steve leaving the room to go and check up on him, Ellie going into one of their cupboards and taking out the baby formula and making Harry's milk. Once she had made the milk and tested the temperature she walked back over to Natasha, taking Harry and beginning to feed him.

"How old is he?" Sam asked her.

"4 weeks." She replied tiredly, sitting down at the table.

"Steve?" They heard Bucky question from the hallway.

"Which Bucky am I talking too?"

"You're mom's name was Sarah, you used to put news paper in your shoes." Bucky answered fondly, letting out a small chuckle as he finished his sentence.

Ellie stood up walking into the living room, Harry still in her arms, closely followed by Nat and Sam.

"Do you remember what happened?" Ellie asked quietly, swaying back and forth with her son.

"What the hell happened to your head?" He questioned nervously as Steve untied him. "Did I do that?" He asked, a hand covering his mouth in shock.

"Buck..." Ellie sighed, she didn't want him to blame himself.

"Did I do that to you?" He repeated, through gritted teeth.

"Yes." She answered quietly, looking down at her son, as to avoid eye contact with him.

"Oh my god." He muttered placing his head in his hands, Ellie gave Nat a look that told her that they should leave her.

Nat nodded, following Steve and Sam into the kitchen.