fifteen

•••

•••

"You sure you want to do this?" Bucky asked her as they drove to the Avengers compound.

"You sure you want to do this?" She retorted.

"As long as you're there I don't care." He muttered, lacing his fingers with hers.

"You're cute." She replied, as they pulled up at the familiar building, too see Tony, Natasha, Steve and Sam stood awaiting their arrival.

Bucky pulled to a stop, getting out of the car whilst Natasha opened Ellie's door for her, bowing mockingly.

"Fuck off." Ellie laughed standing up, closing the door behind her.

Ellie heard Natasha laugh as she grabbed her suitcase off of Bucky.

"The quinjet's on the other side of the compound." Tony told them, as they followed him through, Ellie looping her empty arm through Natasha's.

"You excited?" Natasha asked, turning her head towards her best friend.

"Sort of. More nervous than excited at the moment." Ellie replied trying to read Natasha's facial expressions.

"Remember that you can't call me whenever anymore, they're tracing my phone calls. It's too unsafe, so you won't be able to talk to me unless it's in person."   Natasha reminded her sadly.

"So not even 1 phone call?" Ellie asked.

"Not one." Natasha clarified as they approached the jet.

"I'm going to miss you." Ellie muttered, hugging her best friend tightly.

"I'm going to miss you too, loser." She replied.

"Promise you'll come visit?" Ellie asked Steve as she hugged him.

"I promise." He nodded.

"And promise me that you'll look after Natalia?"

"With everything I have."

"Bye asshole." Sam told her.

"Bye weirdo." She replied as she hugged him and then Tony.

Ellie walked up the ramp of the jet, watching as Natasha muttered something to Bucky before ushering him onto the plane, him getting into the pilots seat.

"You ready to go?" Bucky asked, as Ellie stared at her friends.

Ellie watched as Natasha tried to subtly wipe a tear from her eye, filling Ellie with guilt.

"One second." Ellie muttered, running down the ramp and throwing her arms around Natasha hugging her tightly.

"Ellie you've got to go." Natasha told her, her voice cracking.

"You're upset." Ellie pointed out, wiping away a tear that fell down Nat's face.

"Ellie please get on the plane." Natasha begged trying to hold back her tears.

"Natalia." She sighed.

"Please." She asked again. "I love you, now please get on that plane."

"I love you too." Ellie replied hugging her once more, before reluctantly walking back onto the plane, taking a seat beside Bucky who looked at her with concern.

"Just go." Ellie said quietly, looking back to see Steve wrap his arms around Natasha holding her tightly just as the ramp closed and the plane took off.

- - -

Ellie turned the key in the front door of their new house, pushing the door open the two of them looking down the hallway.

"After you." Bucky commented, Ellie smiling at him before picking up her bag and taking a step inside looking around.

"It's nice." Ellie remarked as the walked around the house.

"It is nice." He confirmed as they stood in their empty bedroom looking out of the large window at the sunset that was falling over England, his arms wrapped around her.

"I need to tell you something." Ellie muttered, as she looked up to face him.

"Anything."

"I'm pregnant." She whispered.

END OF ACT I

•••

567 words xx