forty four

•••

•••

Ellie sat in the medical tent which T'Challa and his team had set up outside for nearly two hours, an amount of time that felt like forever for Ellie. Bruce and Shuri had finally closed and cleaned every open wound as well as having done a scan to check for any internal damage. She hobbled back into the house only wearing her sports bra and a pair of leggings that Shuri insisted she changed into so that she could tell which blood was old and which was still flowing. She was glad that when Bucky had gotten the clothes Shuri had asked for, he opted to give her a sports bra and not a normal one as she had to walk back through the house.

"Jesus, Ellie, put some clothes on!" Pietro remarked light-heartedly as she walked through the door and closed it behind her.

"Ha Ha." She laughed sarcastically, clutching her side in pain.

"You want me to help you?" Alice asked amusedly, to which Ellie nodded and was grateful when the woman placed her arm around her waist and helped her up the stairs. The two women saw Pepper stood with Morgan at the top of the stairs, Morgan wrapped in a towel and in Peppers arms as she carried her back to her bedroom.

"Hey Pep." Ellie chatted, placing a kiss on Morgan's forehead who gave her aunt a smile and placing a hand on Peppers arm who she had barely seen since the end of the battle. "How you doing?"

"I'm alright." She nodded with a small smile, but it wasn't very reassuring. "Steve's just re-running the bath for you but I'm pretty sure Talia still hasn't had one and I'm not sure about Harry."

"Thanks, love." Ellie smiled as the woman walked away into Morgan's room. Alice let her go as Ellie pushed open the door of the bedroom she was sharing and walked into her own bedroom.

"Miss Natalia, What is this I hear about you not having been in the bath yet?" Ellie chastised in a joking manner as she saw Natalia doing some colouring while sat on the floor beside Bucky and Steve. "Harry have you had a bath?" She asked her son who led on the bed they usually slept in when they stayed.

"No mommy, but I don't want to have one tonight." He groaned and she sighed deciding that she couldn't be bothered to argue with him.

"We tried too." Steve held his hands up in defence. Sam, who sat on the other spare bed beside them, laughed at their failed attempts earning a subtle middle finger from Ellie.

"Alright and to be fair you did have one last night. Little miss, time for a bath." She held her hands out to her daughter who hid behind her her father, hoping that he wouldn't make her but he simply stood up with her in his arms and followed Ellie out of the bedroom.

"You got new tattoo's." Bucky pointed out to his wife as she closed the bathroom door behind them and placed her clean clothes on the toilet lid. "I like them."

"Good because they're permanent." Ellie mused as she lifted Natalia into the bubble bath.

"You need a bath too Mommy." Natalia practically scolded the woman, making James laugh.