♛Chptr. 19: Night Rain and A Clouded Mind♛

====================

"Rain, Rain, go away... but please come again another day."

====================

3rd person's POV

"Appa! I'm scared, I'm scared! Tell the pilot-ahjussi to bring us down! I don't want to ride an airplane anymore!" A 5-year old Jimin threw a tantrum as he hugged his Appa, his head dug on his father's shoulders as he sat on the man's lap. His Eomma and Appa were both laughing as they stared at him, finding him cute even though he was being so whiny. 

His Appa caressed his hair as he was still in his same position. Little Jimin was sitting with his Eomma earlier who was seated on the window side so he happened to see the outside. And when he did, he hurriedly jumped to his Appa's embrace.

The plane was about to takeoff and little Jimin felt his stomach churning in a weird way. He doesn't like it one bit.

"Hey champ, we're just going to fly in the air, okay? Everything will be worth it once we arrived at our destination... Don't you think that will be fun? Hm?" His father tried to coax him but he was still persistently hidden on his father's shoulder. Now it was his Eomma's turn to try and relax him.

"Come on baby... it would be a waste if you would hide to your father like that. How could you see Iron Man flying in the clouds later?" And it seemed as if his Eomma's pleads worked since little Jimin finally pushed his head away as he looked at his Eomma carefully, the beautiful woman smiling at him.

"R-Really, Eomma? I would be able to see Iron Man?" His Eomma nodded her head with a giggle together with her husband.

But in the end, Jimin was still scared when he looked on the window so his father ended up singing a song to him. 

Ever since that day, Jimin always listened to his Appa's 'Leaving on a Jetplane' every time they would have a trip somewhere.

Jimin remembered the beautiful memory he had with his parents when he was younger. That time he wasn't really scared knowing that his parents would always be there for him. He had his heroes so there's no point in being frightened on anything. That time he was so brave. He felt like he could conquer the world because he has them.

He had them. 

But now he was powerless. His heroes left him. They flew away somewhere far. Or maybe Iron Man took them away. And they chose to fly with him. They chose to fly without him.

"You're really selfish, Iron Man." Jimin told his reflection on the mirror as he smiled a little. He had little water trickling down his jaw after he washed his face in that bathroom.

Staring at his reflection, he could no longer see his old self. The brave one. The one who cannot be tamed, the one with a lot of pride to hold onto, the one with a lot of strength and dreams in his life. But that person was long gone now. 

That person was replaced by this person he sees in his reflection. The coward one. The one who always apologizes even though it wasn't even his fault in the first place, the one who has nothing but his self-esteem to say the least, the one who lost his dreams and passion in his life. This person was all he has now. 

This weakling trying to survive but not really living.

But at least he wasn't alone. He still has his Halmoni who's always there for him no matter what. And now that he thinks about it, he only texted her about the business trip but hadn't really called her yet.