♛Chptr. 47: Trust No One... Not Even Yourself♛

Surprise Update!! ❤

I am surprised that you are still not leaving me. I only realized now that I haven't updated here for like 20 days or something and that's the longest for me.

I am super sorrryyyyyy!!!

Hoping that the next chapters could somehow make up for the days I haven't updated here. (The next ones are coming tomorrow or Sunday if not! Love you! ❤❤❤

====================

"How could you be sure that a friend isn't a foe after all?"

====================

Jimin's POV

"No." I answered immediately, my hands clenching on the white bedsheets of my hospital bed.

I don't understand. Why would Hoseok-hyung tell me to quit so suddenly? 

I saw how he got taken aback by my reply. I knew that he was expecting me to just agree on what he told me but I did the exact opposite. 

"I wouldn't quit." I repeated just to clear myself out even more. I don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe if I was still the same me for when I just started to work for Jungkook then I will gladly leave and take my month's pay and never come back. 

If I was still the same me for when I just knew the side of him who just downgrade people and thinks of himself so highly then maybe I will agree on Hoseok-hyung's offer. If I was me from before who only gets humiliated and belittled by him then I wouldn't be having second thoughts right now. 

But that's the problem. 

This is me from the now. 

Nothing drastic had really changed from Mr. Jeon's personality but as time passed by that I spent time with him I realized a lot of things. The hot-headed Jungkook whom I only thought as some spoiled brat was a responsible man after all. He is a man of his words and he always sticks with what he thought was right. The heartless Mr. Jeon wasn't so heartless after all. He even helped me a lot of times although I didn't even ask for it. 

"W-What? Did you just hear me, Jimin? I told you that Jungkook told me that you should--"

"I won't listen to anyone." I interrupted Hoseok-hyung as I remembered what Yoongi told me just minutes ago.

"... everything will get messed up but I need you to do what you really want, you hear me? Don't listen to anyone but yourself."

And maybe Yoongi-hyung was right. So I would listen to myself this time.

"I need to hear it from Jungkook if this ever came from him in the first place." I saw how Hoseok-hyung's expression hardened as if he doesn't even want what he's doing right now. As if he was conflicted and was forced to do this.

There's something wrong. And I could feel it.

"I need to see him." I requested, my eyes pleading for Hoseok-hyung. "I want to see, Mr. Jeon."

But he shakes his head slowly, sadness evident in his features. He stares back at me with his gloomy eyes as I saw how he was trying to formulate some words to explain what he had in his mind. And it was definitely a lie if I would say that I don't want to know what Hoseok-hyung had in his head right now. I want to know why he's doing this.