1- Summer

There are some places in the world that people would die to live in.

One of those places is the Bangtan Village.

It's not a very, very luxurious one, but it is beautiful there; complete with trees, a lake, a good clubhouse, and the best thing about it is that it is not quite populated. A perfect place to live in if you don't want a bothersome neighborhood. Of course, an affordable village like that would be too good to be true.

The Min family isn't very rich but they managed to buy a house in said village. They previously lived in Daegu where there has been... noise pollution and street gambling more than anything. Mr. and Mrs. Min didn't want their children growing up in such an environment.

The house was very nice, and comfortable. Their only neighbor was the large, expensive looking mansion right across the street. Both were corner lots, and you have to cross at least two streets to get there  unless you cross the four-way intersection diagonally.

They never really interacted with that household so there wasn't any problem. It was like a perfect little world.

Yoongi was napping peacefully on his perfect little couch one fine afternoon when his mom barged into his room.

"Yoongi!"

Said boy jumped awake upon hearing his mother's loud, excited voice. "Wha–"

"You were looking for a summer job, right?!" his mom had a large smile on her face, eyes twinkling with something Yoongi didn't bother to know. He was sleepy, and to his sleepy mind, his mom looked almost... manic.

The ravenette yawned and propped his head on his hand.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Young man, look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Yoongi startled awake once more when his head lolled to the side. He looked at his mom through heavy eyelids. "Yes, mom?"

Mrs. Min smiled. "Well, I found a job for you!" she walked over to sit on Yoongi's bed. His son merely hummed. "This is one of the easiest job I could find, and it pays a lot. It's only for the whole summer, every Wednesday to Sunday. Another advantage is that you don't have to commute at all because it's just within the village!"

Yoongi peeked at his mom over the couch. He didn't know if he was hearing right because it sounded pretty great. It's rare to hear "pretty great" things nowadays. Most of the time, it's a scam. "And what is this job exactly?"

"Would you accept it though?"

"I still don't know what it is mom, I can't accept something I don't know about."

"Well, it's a babysitting job."

Yoongi sighed. He knew it was too good to be true. The teenager rolled over on the couch, ready to fall asleep again. "No thanks, mom."

Mrs. Min stood up in protest. "But Yoongi, you can't be picky. If you don't want the job in the coffee shop, then this is the next best choice. This is the best choice. It pays 60 000 KRW each day."

Yoongi sat up. "Wait, what?"

"I said this is the best choice."

"60 000 a day?"

"Yes," Mrs. Min crossed her arms with a smug look on her face. She got him, she knows it. "You just have to watch over their son and his cousin for the whole day."

"Are they babies? You know I don't do good with babies."

"As far as I know, they aren't. I don't really know, but they sounded like 12 or 13 from the way Mrs. Kim described them."