24- Malibu Nights

Stupid, Yoongi thought to himself as he filled the two icebags with ice cubes. They are so fucking stupid.

Once done, he placed them on a tray filled with other first aid materials such as gauzes, cotton pads, and antiseptic solution. Yoongi eyed the big bottle of water inside the refrigerator, contemplating whether to bring it upstairs or not.

"Fuck it, they probably need it," he took the bottle, sighing as he climbed the stairs with the tray in his hands.

Now, Yoongi didn't know exactly why he was doing this. He had already asked to spend the night off, had been given permission to, yet here he is, tending to two beaten up boys on his, supposedly, night out. Heck, he should be pissed. If you ask him, he has every right to be angry at them for crashing his night, but the moment he saw them engaged in a brawl, concern had overpowered every angry fiber in his body. The blood on Taehyung's face was enough of a proof that the two weren't just play fighting.

He has an inkling on what it was about. Though, he isn't sure if it was his fault or not.

Upon entering Taehyung's room, Yoongi felt like he entered a pressure chamber. The silence was almost unnerving when he handed an icebag over to Jungkook and the younger took it without as much as a glance at him. He figured he needs to talk to them, separately, but Taehyung's busted lip needs immediate attention.

Yoongi sighed. He went over to Taehyung and tapped his shoulder. "Hey, go sit on the bed."

Taehyung threw him an unreadable look, before complying silently. He sat on the other end of the bed, opposite of Jungkook, his fringes covering his eyes. Still, Yoongi didn't miss the glare he sent over to the younger male.

Yoongi frowned. Still, he proceeded to clean the wound with practiced care, ignoring the thoughts running rampant in his head.

Taehyung, on the other hand, wasn't faring very well. He hissed at every touch, refusing to look Yoongi in the eye. He avoided the elder's gaze like the plague, afraid of what he'll find there. Now that his anger had simmered over, Taehyung could feel shame seeping through the thick fog of emotion in his head. He wondered, what does Yoongi think of him now? Is he disappointed? Is he angry? Does he think Taehyung's a weak ass piece of shit too? The mere thought of it makes him want to get out of his own skin.

Yoongi tried his best to keep the cleaning as painless as possible. Aside from bleeding lip, there were also tiny scratches on the brunette's face due to the earlier punches, and two large bruises forming on his left cheek. He took note of every wince and every hiss, as well as the closed off body language and the subtle aversion of the younger from him that he pretended not to notice. He felt so tempted to ask but he didn't want to make matters worse. The dejected look on the other's face reminded Yoongi of his earlier days, and he couldn't help but sympathize.

Somewhere in the middle, the door opened and closed. Both of them had looked over, only to see that Jungkook left. Yoongi figured it was the best moment to ask, and he barely contained the eagerness to get a direct answer.

"What happened between you two?" He asked, voice low and gravel. Taehyung's gaze flitted over to him. It was a mere split second that Yoongi caught his gaze before he averted it, but he was able to catch a glimpse of the raging emotions swirling inside the younger's eyes. Brown eyes had looked darker, duller— he looked troubled, almost miserable. It was a painfully familiar look, something that Yoongi had grown accustomed to seeing in the mirror everyday of his highschool years.

Silence stretched between them as Yoongi waited for an answer, still applying solution on the scratch on his cheek.

Taehyung didn't speak even after Yoongi finished the job. Instead, he simply took the other icebag and laid down on his bed, turning away from the elder.