17- Perfect Strangers

"Maybe we're perfect strangers, maybe we're not forever."~

Sunlight streamed into the second floor living room, where three teenagers sat in.

In the far end of the room, by the large windows and the huge plant; Taehyung sat crosslegged in front of a canvas, different kinds of paint surrounding him. He held a mixing palette in one hand, and drew the beginnings of a summery painting with the other. The brunette had his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, bobbing his head along to the light tune filling the room.

Jungkook stood by the speaker on the other side of the room. He danced along to the song despite the absence of a mirror, freestyling to the soft music. Lyrics came out of his mouth unconsciously as he practiced his movements.

Unable to keep himself awake, Yoongi laid half asleep on the couch, hugging one of the throw pillows. It was a pretty chill day in the Kim mansion.

Soon enough, the music changed, and Yoongi peeked at them when he heard one of his remixes out loud. Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged knowing smiles and went back to their activities.

A small hint of adoration bloomed in Yoongi's chest as he watched Jungkook freestyle to his song. Before he got to know these boys, he didn't care about anything they did. He wanted to keep everything professional and distance himself as just a mere babysitter, but as time went by it became harder especially when Mrs. Kim made clear what she expected of him. Yoongi did not want to disappoint.

Now, as Yoongi watched them do what they're passionate at, he couldn't help the growing fondness he has for the two. They had talent, that's for sure, and it was endearing watching them explore it in their own comfortable space, with no pressure or anything negative like that. It was a privilege though, they have everything at their disposal. They could literally just want to play the violin out of nowhere and they can start practicing tomorrow because Mrs. Kim bought them one overnight.

He wished he had that privilege when he was their age, when he was still hella ambitious and had dreams higher than skyscrapers.

That isn't the case anymore, unfortunately. The tiny smile on Yoongi's face slowly left his lips.

"Can we move to the practice room?" Jungkook said as he plopped down on the couch near Taehyung. The elder frowned and shook his head.

"I'm not finished yet."

The youngest groaned and moved about stubbornly. He wanted to dance; it was almost impossible to do so with the heat these past few days. He opted to watch his cousin paint instead, watching the vibrant blue, orange, and green come together to form a picture. Unfinished but he could already see what it was becoming. Amazed was an understatement, but when is he not? Taehyung is very talented and quite abstract that none of his works looked too similar.

Jungkook's eyes drifted to the side, falling onto the ravenette sleeping on the couch. Yoongi had his mussed up hair over his closed eyes, form tinier than usual with his body curled up as he hugged a pillow.

It was quite a sight; the elder looked serene like that, soft, and fluffy. He wore a gray oversized hoodie and long shorts.

Jungkook stood up and strided over to Yoongi. He held back a snicker as he slowly pulled the pillow away. It was typical of them to bother Yoongi just because they can, especially when they're bored and had nothing else to do.

Yoongi looked so peaceful like that, he realized. The usual tension on his forehead was gone, his lips formed an unintentional pout. Pretty, Jungkook thought. Despite that, you could see just how hard Yoongi had been working for the past few days. There were quite noticeable bags under his eyes if you looked closely. He paused; he had been looking closely, quite literally, he realized.