21- Lights Down Low

"What did the club owner say?"

"Tomorrow, at 9 pm."

"Damn, so I guess I'm meeting you at 8?"

"Yeah, Jin-hyung will bring his car, we'll pick you up."

"Nice, can't wait."

"See you tomorrow, hyung!"

"See you, Joon," Yoongi ended the call, sighing as he spun on his chair.

It was currently 10:42 am, and he was messing around with his tracks when Namjoon called him to talk about their upcoming gig. They have just a little more than a day left, and he could feel his insides vibrating in excitement. It's been too long since the last time he performed in front of a crowd. Doesn't matter what crowd, as long as they can appreciate his music.

Time passed by quickly in Yoongi's opinion, he soon found himself cleaning up after Taehyung and Jungkook. The two had just finished their lunch, and immediately scurried off to do whatever. Not that it mattered to Yoongi, but ever since this morning, the two had been acting weird. They whispered to themselves and kept quite a distance from him. Yoongi was pretty sure it had something to do with the dares from last night that ended up with the two cousins shirtless. Though if his recollection was accurate, they didn't do anything extreme. The boys barely drank the wine in their glasses too. Yoongi felt guilty for drinking more than half of the bottle.

Seulgi greeted him with a smile once he entered the gym, and Yoongi immediately went straight to taking her hand. They sat down on one of the benches and talked amongst themselves about Yoongi's gig the next day.

Taehyung and Jungkook watched from afar, completely unfocused on their tasks. They had been excited about sneaking into the club where Yoongi and Namjoon is supposed to perform in, they already planned what they're going to wear, already talked about what they're gonna do once they arrive there that they just had to avoid Yoongi in fear of slipping up or something. Now that the elder's attention was on something, or rather, someone else other than them, the two could only look on dejectedly.

Jungkook sighed and went back to bench pressing. Taehyung, on the other hand, kept staring, eyebrows furrowing as Yoongi leaned in for Seulgi to whisper something in his ear. The two laughed and Taehyung felt a sour feeling churn in his stomach.

4 pm eventually rolled in, the three of them had to go back to the Kim Mansion. Mrs. Kim called the house around 5 pm. She just asked about how they were holding up, and Yoongi answered the best he could.

That night, the three of them abstained from playing any games like yesterday. They settled for uno, where the loser gets to be punished. Yoongi made sure they understood that rough punishments like what they did last time is not allowed. The thought of icing another swelled butt might just give Yoongi nightmares.

Taehyung ended up losing, and he lost his game master privileges. He also had to talk without using the letters A and E, a very cruel punishment from Jeon Jungkook. Taehyung swore it was gonna drive him crazy before the end of the night.

The next morning was pretty uneventful, but there was a buzzing in the air that just made everything feel different. Or maybe it was just Jungkook and Taehyung who felt it, the change in atmosphere because of the anticipation for later.

Yoongi was barely awake while they ate breakfast. His neck hurt like hell because of their position on the bed— Taehyung and Jungkook crowded him by the headboard, and his head had been tilted to the side probably the whole night— and he could only add a pain reliever strip to relieve it.

Around 10 am, Jungkook and Taehyung used the studio to practice their walks and poses while Yoongi watched from the corner of the room. Sometimes, he forgets that the two are models and that they go to a performing arts school, so they can basically sing, dance, and act. The way their aura changes once they get into the craft always leaves Yoongi in disbelief. It's like they become a completely different person— gone are the traces of their bubbly mischievous selves, leaving only a fair facade exuding confidence that Yoongi could never pull off.