26- 13

"So what're your plans for today?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at Taehyung. "Nothing. Why?"

"Well, mom said she's coming home, and I thought, maybe we could do something different today?" Taehyung jumped onto the counter, swinging his legs. He has an apple in his hand, robe loosely tied after he took a long shower. Jungkook sat on the bar stool, drinking his own banana milk.

It was just 10 am, and the boys felt utterly bored. Having woken up by 8, they were yet to find something interesting to do. They feel particularly lazy that day, especially Jungkook who had dark circles under his eyes as the remnants of his fitful sleep. Taehyung had slept soundly, but he still felt just as tired as the younger who was already up the moment he opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling in deep thought. He blames it on the emotional rollercoaster last night.

Jungkook hummed. "Different how?"

"I don't know, anything! Let's go out or something."

"Ew, hyung. Are you asking me on a date?"

"Shut up, you idiot. I am trying to be nice here."

"Is this still because of last night?"

Jungkook huffed a laugh when Taehyung raised his chin, refusing to answer. "What happened to admitting stuff?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "I meant that for stuff like fights and shit, don't use that against me!"

"I'm kidding, stupid," Jungkook ran a hand through his hair. "Where do you wanna go?"

Taehyung let his gaze wander around the room. He has this thoughtful look on his face, humming under his breath.

"Wherever you want."

"Okay, but do you wanna go somewhere?"

"No, do you?"

"No," Jungkook shrugged. "I guess we're sleeping in today."

Taehyung sighed. "So much for doing something different."

The two boys ended up lazing around in the living room. The sun didn't shine quite as bright as usual due to the heavy-looking clouds looming overhead. Jungkook was trying to fall asleep, occasionally checking his phone, while Taehyung sat by the piano, fingers pressing random keys out of boredom. Jungkook had glared at him after he made a loud noise, pressing three keys together in disarray.

"You're too fucking noisy."

Taehyung merely stuck his tongue out at Jungkook. He went back to staring solemnly at the white coat of the piano, fingers dancing lightly on the keys.

Then there was a noise of the doors opening downstairs. The two immediately whipped their heads towards the direction of the stairs.

"Who's that?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, looking just as curious.

They waited as they heard the sound of footsteps. Jungkook craned his neck to see who it was.

"Oh," he looked back at Taehyung who still stared on curiously. Once he saw who it was, a small smile tugged at the edges of his lips. Though unnoticeable, his shoulders sagged a bit, almost as if he was disappointed.

"My boys!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed as she rose up the stairs. She spread her arms out, a huge grin on her lips.

Jungkook stood up, a bright smile lighting up his face. "Hi aunt, welcome back!"

"Hey, mom," Taehyung approached her. Jungkook followed behind, both of them getting engulfed in a tight hug by the shorter lady.

Mrs. Kim looked up at them, about to say something when her eyes widened and the smile left her lips. She gasped. "Oh my, what happened?!"