36

"what do you mean he got shot?" taehyung screamed falling to the ground on his knees.

namjoon looked down sadly while hoseok went down with taehyung to hold the small boy while he cried.

"where is my muffin?" taehyung asked

"i don't think-" yoongi started

"i asked where my muffin is!" taehyung sobbed

"the nurses took him taehyung. the nurses took him when we arrived here" namjoon explained

"take me to him" the younger said wiping his eyes. namjoon looked at yoongi and hoseok hesitant to say yes to the him, but they ended up taking him anyway. jimin and jin followed close behind taehyung, holding his hand and giving him a reassuring squeeze.

'please be okay. please don't let it be serious. please' taehyung thought, his mind being swarmed with millions of thoughts.

the gang soon entered the health area of the headquarters with their hearts in their throats.

"dr. choi" namjoon shouted

a man turned around and the first thing jin, jimin, and taehyung noticed was how much the man resembled youngjae.

"our friend, jungkook, how is he?" yoongi asked. taehyung squeezed to the front of the circle, desperate for answers about his boyfriend.

"he isn't doing very well. unfortunately, the bullet struck him to close to the heart and caused serious damage. we're doing whatever we can to stabilize him." dr. choi said looking down at his clipboard with sad eyes.

taehyung's heart dropped farther and harder than it did before, he let out a quiet sob with his eyes clenched shut, just hoping this was all a dream and that his muffin was right next to him.

"can we see him?" asked jin

dr. choi hesitated at first but nodded and led them to the room jungkook was held in. they entered the white room and were immediately met with jungkook on the white bed. he had an iv in his arm and an oxygen mask. he had several devices strapped to him as well.

jungkook's face was pale, his left thumb twitching every once in a while. taehyung rushed over to his side and he held his hand.

"hey muffin" taehyung said softly, tears brimming his eyes.

jungkook slowly opened his eyes, only a bit of his pupil visible to the boys. he was breathing weakly and his eyes turned to taehyung. jungkook forced a smile before he gasped with his body jerking forward and his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

the once repeating stable beeping sound soon turned to a solid beeping. the sound alarmed everyone, and they jumped to their feet.

"get them out!" a nurse yelled, pointing to the boys

"no! jungkook! please don't leave!" taehyung wailed as he was dragged out by hoseok and yoongi. taehyung desperately tried to get out their grasp to go to jungkook, but the sight of his boyfriend was gone as nurses and dr. choi surrounded him.

yoongi, jimin, namjoon, jin, and hoseok all hugged taehyung tightly. all of them in a group hug while taehyung's body shook.

"i need you jungkook! please!" taehyung sobbed, letting his body fall weak, causing the boys to hold him up.

jimin and jin both had tears streaming down their faces. hoseok and yoongi let out little sobs while namjoon looked up mouthing 'please' repeatedly with tears falling off his face.

taehyung was bawling loudly, his body going numb as the beeping sound continuously haunted his mind and thoughts.

the boys flinched and let tears roll down their face as they sat huddled together in each other's arms in the middle of the hallway. the screams and commands coming from the room shattering their hearts into pieces.