The Harvest

What are your predictions for the future of Klaus and Sofia?

Klaus vamp speeds Sophie into the house against her will. "We had a deal. You protect our unborn child and I dismantle Marcel's army! And while I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked. And almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear."

"And I'm having a hard time believing that." I say standing in front of her. "Sofia, remember Hayley and me are linked. She dies, I die."

"Then who were the men chasing after us in the woods?"

"They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about your baby."

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asks rather calmly.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation."

"We didn't ask your opinion we asked what was her vision." I say getting annoyed and Sophie notices my patience is thinning.

"I'm guessing she is wrong about this one."

"Well as Sofia did point out we do not want your opinion. What was this particular interpretation?"

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." Klaus grows a giant smirk on his face.

"Ah, well I grow fonder of this child by the second."

"Klaus!"

"What? I have to say witches are annoying love."

"I'm a witch and I would like that my child doesn't bring an end to me."

"Understandable." He says nodding his head.

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty." Rebekah interjects. "Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah is talking to Davina?"

"Yeah, as we speak, I imagine."

"I guess she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

"Again let's stop with the allusions of the truth and just say what we're here for! What do you want with this Davina girl?"

"I wasn't always an advocate for the witches." Sophie explains how she was a party girl and everything opposite of what she is today. "My sister was devoted like our parents. And our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel and play. But I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's." What stopped us is the mention of a Harvest. I've never heard of this ever and by the looks on Klaus and Rebekah's face, they haven't either.

"What the bloody hell is the Harvest?" Rebekah asks Sophie.

"It's a ritual our coven does every 3 centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors."
"And why haven't I heard of this?"

"Because the Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story passed down through generations, like Noah's ark. Or Buddha walking on water, the kind some people take literally and some people don't." Sophie explains how the girls in the community had been groomed for months for the Harvest as a way to restore their ancestral magic. The whole concept sounded barbaric and insane that people would go through with this. "They had the girls in our community preparing for months. 4 would be chosen for the Harvest. They said it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."