Like Father Like?

I hope you like this little fun chapter. I have made up my mind and I think you will all like Sofia's fate on if she will be in Legacies. Stay tuned to find out.

I love Klaus but I swear the more time I spend with him the more I find myself becoming paranoid. He's gathered us all into his office to discuss his paranoia. "You collect trophies from all your victims?" Freya asks a little weirded out by her brother.

"Letter to their loved ones, to be specific." I state for her as I stand by Klaus rubbing his shoulder. He needs to know that he's never alone in this battle he's facing.

"It was a phase." Klaus places a kiss on my temple as Elijah expands further on his brother's killing habits. "A phase in which we were forced to learn a different kind of stealth. You see over time, Niklaus' enemies grew so numerous we had no choice but to artfully withdraw from the world. And then...well, I wouldn't exactly describe our presence in this city as discreet, wouldn't you agree Niklaus?"

"We all saw the white oak destroyed. Plus the city was crawling with vampires. All of whom had no choice but to shield me from potential foes. Were I to die, they would die too. I couldn't have been more save. And now my sire link is undone. Those very foes will come for me. Like never before."

"It's only been a few days since the link was broken. Must you jump to crippling paranoia already?"

"Yes." Klaus and I answer together.

"That's a default setting."

"Elijah that's not very nice." I tease him.

"And with good reason."

"Well Niklaus, if it offers you any solace whatsoever, we're ransacked Aya's belongings. Torched Aurora's hunting ground and obliterated every last splinter of white oak."

"I call bullshit."

"Please enlighten me Sofia." Elijah states.

"Gladly. You all thought a thousand years ago the last of the white oak was gone but you've seen first hand how my family and friends proved you wrong. Then you thought you had the last remaining oak but no matter how many times you say you've gotten rid of that damn tree we are stuck having the same damn conversation. None of you know how to get rid of this white oak. It will forever haunt us!"

"Sofia..."

"No! My family is in danger and all you can say is he's paranoid for no reason because you've gotten rid of the very thing that can end you but...Elijah, you can never guarantee that the tree will be gone. It always finds a way to creep back on us."

"Perhaps you both should see a therapist."

"I will when you do. We're not the only ones who have our demons." I fire back at Elijah.

__________________________________
Klaus seeks his session with Cami to make himself feel better and I find my therapy in watching my daughter laugh at the simplest of things. "I wish more than anything my mother could have seen her." I state to Freya who also plays with Hope.

"What was your mother like?"

"She was the best mother anyone could ask for. She was caring, strict but above all else had so much compassion for others. She...Hope's middle name is Miranda named after my mother."

"She's here with you always."

"You believe that?"

"I do."

"I don't know how my mom did it raising twins all of a sudden and then having my baby brother Jeremy. My dad had to take more hours at the hospital to feed his growing family and..."