We Really Shouldn't Have Dinner Parties

This was a fun chapter to wright. Enjoy.

"He seriously said that to you?" Hayley and I are having dinner together as I inform her about Klaus and Elijah's idiotic plan.

"He said he didn't do anything with her but just talked."

"And you believe him?"

"I do but...I know he's in love with me but...I'm putting myself in his shoes and I couldn't imagine how I would handle my first love coming back into my life when we didn't have any resolution in our relationship."

"How crazy is she?" Hayley asks as she plays with Hope. I continue to stir the gumbo that she got started earlier this day.

"Crazy enough to think she has even a shot with Klaus and she keeps mentioning Hope like I'm just some baby mama to Klaus and not his girlfriend."

"You want me to bite her?" I laugh at Hayley's offer.

"As wonderful as that would be there is still a possibility Klaus would save her life."

"So you're going to this Thanksgiving dinner and what..."

"Klaus and Elijah think they have this whole plan figured out, but I'll do what I need to protect my family. There's no need to ask for permission from the Mikaelson's."

"What are you going to wear?"

"Why..."

"Sofia! You're having dinner with Klaus' ex. You are gorgeous on any day but you need to make a statement."

"Trashy or classy?"

"How about both?" Hayley offers and I nod my head.

"I think I have just the outfit."

__________________________________
Klaus' POV

"Where is the lovely Sofia?" Tristan asks me and I want to rip his tongue out for just speaking her name.

"She is will be here later." I assure him. He nods his head.

"It's a bit odd, isn't it? Celebrating an American holiday." Lucien states cutting the tension.

"Well, you know, Lucien. I rather enjoy Thanksgiving. The turkey, the cranberry sauce..."

"Don't forget the lies, deceit, and betrayal." Sofia's voice interrupts us all. I can't help but look at her. She looks exquisite.

"My love you look fantastic

"My love you look fantastic." I pull out a chair for her next to and kiss her cheek.

"Thank you, Nik." Sofia moves even closer to me in her chair and rests her hand on my thigh. Which I don't mind at all.

"Perhaps we should begin this evening's proceedings with a little confession. And do help yourselves."

"So this entire dinner is meant to be some boorish inquisition? How rude?"