Here Comes Freedom

Here is the first chapter of season 4. Please enjoy.

Marcel's POV

"To five years of independence and old enemies who became new friends." I hand Sofya a glass.

"I thought you said this was strictly a business meeting."

"Oh, you didn't mind last time we mixed business with pleasure."

"You pay me for information, and I have quite a bit to share." She hands me over her list. "As predicted, Klaus' enemies are flocking to New Orleans to celebrate. However, some are seeking allies among your witches. No doubt they want to befriend the very covens that still resent you, start conflict, undermine your power, and perhaps steal your prize trophy. Klaus himself."

"Oh, how diabolical. It's a good thing I called a truce with the witches. Vincent wants peace as much as I do."

"So you've said, but...I'm hearing that the covens are up to something. Sigil markings on the walls, secret midnight meetings. Maybe Vincent doesn't know, or maybe he's planning a power grab."

"I will ask him myself." I raise my glass to her but she does nothing.

"Better make it fast, because you have bigger problems."

"Oh, if you're talking about Sofia Gilbert and Hayley Marshall, I said they're off-limits." I take a sip of my drink not liking where this conversation is going.

"Fine, but there are others who will stop at nothing to find them. Especially Sofia. The word has gotten around of her being the prophesized witch who could save or destroy us all. Alistair Duquesne for one. He and his allies believe Sofia and Hayley are the keys to finding the rest of the Mikaelsons."

"So Alistair's going after Hayley and Sofia?"

"Alistair is here. Ostensibly for the independence celebration, but I believe he will demand you to give him Klaus' blood, which he will then use to track Klaus' siblings. Or his children." I stiffen as she mentions the kids. "Everyone knows right before Klaus was taken prisoner that Sofia Gilbert was pregnant with his second child. Children that they want to destroy as retaliation against Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelson's."

"No one has seen or heard from the Mikaelson's in half a decade."

"Alistair's hunted down members of the Strix. He offers them as proof. If Elijah's sire line is alive, so is Elijah. Which leads people to wonder if Sofia and Hayley are somehow trying to bring the Mikaelson's back. Sofia from the rumors people hear about her is more than strong enough to bring a country to crumbles she can bring them back."

__________________________________
Sofia's POV

"Okay, you are better at drawing than I am Hope. Mama is well better at music."

"You're getting better mama." Henry tackles me with a hug as we hang out in Hope's room.

"Look, Mama." Hope shows me the fairy she's been drawing.

"It's beautiful Hope." I look up hearing Hayley approaching. She leans against the door and we both stop once hearing tire tracks come closer to the house.

"Is that her?" Hope asks with a smile.

"Let us check." I place Henry on the ground with his toys and kiss his head.

"You both stay inside." Hayley reminds them and they nod their heads.

Seeing Mary's truck pulled up makes my heart quicken. "You think this is it?" I ask Hayley.